Blunt Rochester is the representative for Delaware’s at-large district and is a Democrat. She has served since Jan 3, 2017. Blunt Rochester is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
Read our 2020 Report Card for Blunt Rochester.
Blunt Rochester is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Blunt Rochester has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Apr 14, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Lisa Blunt Rochester sits on the following committees:
Blunt Rochester was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 5972 (116th): Mary Ann Shadd Cary Post Office Dedication Act
- H.R. 5361 (116th): Safe Drinking Water Assistance Act of 2019
Does 2 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Blunt Rochester sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Blunt Rochester’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2295: To amend title VII of the Public Health Service Act to provide for ...
- H.R. 2185: To amend title XIX and XXI of the Social Security Act to provide ...
- H.R. 2126: To authorize a grant program for the development and implementation of housing supply ...
- H.R. 2125: To amend title XIX and XXI of the Social Security Act to provide ...
- H.R. 1956: To amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act and the Bipartisan Budget ...
- H.R. 1872: To amend the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act to provide for Federal ...
- H.R. 1485: To provide additional funds for Federal and State facility energy resiliency programs, and ...
From Jan 2017 to Apr 2021, Blunt Rochester missed 27 of 2,280 roll call votes, which is 1.2%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: