Our unique analysis of the bills Murkowski has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Murkowski is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Murkowski for more statistics.
Lisa Murkowski sits on the following committees:
- Chairman, Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Department of the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Department of Defense
- Member, Subcommittee on Department of Homeland Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Energy and Water Development
- Member, Subcommittee on Military Construction and Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- Senate Committee on Indian Affairs
Murkowski sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Murkowski’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3273: Alaska Native Claims Settlement Improvement Act of 2016
- S. 3204: King Cove Road Land Exchange Act
- S. 3202: AR4RA Act of 2016
- S. 3203: Alaska Economic Development and Access to Resources Act
- S. 3185: Bree’s Law
- S.Res. 525: A resolution designating August 16, 2016, as “National Airborne Day”.
- S. 3068: Department of the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2017
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2003 to Jul 2016, Murkowski missed 206 of 4,289 roll call votes, which is 4.8%. This is much worse than the median of 1.7% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: