2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for Murkowski »
Our unique analysis of the bills Murkowski has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Murkowski is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Lisa Murkowski sits on the following committees:
- Chairman, Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Department of the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Department of Defense
- Member, Subcommittee on Department of Homeland Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Energy and Water Development
- Member, Subcommittee on Military Construction and Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- Senate Committee on Indian Affairs
Murkowski sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Murkowski’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 2640: Genetically Engineered Salmon Labeling Act
- S. 2610: A bill to approve an agreement between the United States and the Republic ...
- S. 2530: A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to modify the ...
- S. 2501: Small Aircraft Tax Modification Act of 2015
- S. 2421: A bill to provide for the conveyance of certain property to the Tanana ...
- S. 2360: Omnibus Territories Act of 2015
- S.Res. 301: A resolution calling on the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation to ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2003 to Apr 2016, Murkowski missed 203 of 4,220 roll call votes, which is 4.8%. This is much worse than the median of 1.6% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: