Cheney is the representative for Wyoming’s at-large district and is a Republican. She has served since Jan 3, 2017. Cheney is next up for reelection in 2018.
Read our 2017 Report Card for Cheney.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Liz Cheney sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Armed Services
- House Committee on Natural Resources
House Committee on Rules
- Member, Subcommittee on Rules and Organization of the House
Cheney was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.J.Res. 44: Disapproving the rule submitted by the Department of the Interior relating to Bureau of Land Management regulations that establish the procedures used to prepare, revise, or amend land ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Cheney sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Cheney’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6087: Removing Barriers to Energy Independence Act
- H.Res. 762: Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 1119) to establish the bases by ...
- H.Res. 719: Electing a Member to a certain standing committee of the House of Representatives.
- H.Res. 714: Providing for consideration of the Senate amendments to the bill (H.R. 695) to ...
- H.Res. 694: Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 4712) to amend title 18, United ...
- H.R. 4697: To amend the Wyoming Wilderness Act of 1984 to clarify authorized recreational uses ...
- H.Res. 634: Electing Members to certain standing committees of the House of Representatives.
|Cheney’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 4667: Making further supplemental appropriations for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2018, for disaster assistance for Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria, and calendar year 2017 wildfires, ...
Dec 21, 2017. Passed 251/169.
H.Res. 599: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives with respect to United States policy towards Yemen, and for other purposes.
Nov 13, 2017. Passed 366/30.
H.R. 1039: Probation Officer Protection Act of 2017
May 19, 2017. Passed 229/177.
H.R. 1039 amends the federal criminal code to authorize a probation officer to arrest a person, without warrant, if there is probable cause to believe that person forcibly assaulted or obstructed a probation officer while performing their official duties. The bill also would direct the ...
From Jan 2017 to Jun 2018, Cheney missed 19 of 998 roll call votes, which is 1.9%. This is on par with the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: