Fletcher is the representative for Texas’s 7th congressional district (view map) and is a Democrat. She has served since Jan 3, 2019. Fletcher is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
Read our 2020 Report Card for Fletcher.
Fletcher is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Fletcher has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to May 14, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Lizzie Fletcher sits on the following committees:
Fletcher was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 5317 (116th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 315 Addicks Howell Road in Houston, Texas, as the “Deputy Sandeep Singh Dhaliwal Post Office ...
Does 1 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Fletcher sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Fletcher’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1917: Hazard Eligibility and Local Projects Act
- H.R. 1818: To authorize the Secretary of Health and Human Services to award grants to ...
- H.R. 871: Expand Medicaid Now Act
- H.R. 809: LIFT UP Act of 2021
- H.R. 533: Stop COVID–19 Test Surprise Medical Bills Act of 2021
- H.R. 8419 (116th): Stop COVID–19 Test Surprise Medical Bills Act of 2020
- H.R. 7928 (116th): LIFT UP Act of 2020
From Jan 2019 to May 2021, Fletcher missed 10 of 1,098 roll call votes, which is 0.9%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: