Our unique analysis of the bills Bentsen sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Bentsen is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Bentsen’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3274 (102nd): Medicare and Medicaid Amendments Act of 1992
- S. 3230 (102nd): Treasury Forfeiture Fund Act of 1992
- S. 3122 (102nd): Gulf of Mexico Commission Act of 1992
- S. 3120 (102nd): Medicaid Technical Corrections and Clarification Act of 1992
- S. 3078 (102nd): Biomedical Research in Space Act of 1992
- S. 3054 (102nd): A bill to provide temporary duty-free treatment for certain digital processing units.
- S. 3041 (102nd): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to establish ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills