Read our 2016 Report Card for Doggett.
Our unique analysis of the bills Doggett has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Doggett is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Lloyd Doggett sits on the following committees:
Doggett was the primary sponsor of 8 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 876 (114th): NOTICE Act
- H.R. 6655 (112th): Protect our Kids Act of 2012
- H.R. 3653 (112th): Protect our Kids Act of 2011
- H.R. 3427 (112th): STARTUP Act
- H.R. 2277 (112th): TANF Supplemental Grants Extension Act
- H.R. 6398 (111th): To require the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation to fully insure Interest on Lawyers Trust Accounts.
- H.R. 577 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 3903 South Congress Avenue in Austin, Texas, as the “Sergeant Henry Ybarra III Post Office ...
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Doggett sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Doggett’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 823: Expand American Educational Opportunity Act of 2017
- H.R. 817: End Surprise Billing Act of 2017
- H.R. 399: Stop Subsidizing Multimillion Dollar Corporate Bonuses Act
- H.R. 5125 (114th): Corporate EXIT Fairness Act
- H.R. 3781 (114th): Family Stability and Kinship Care Act of 2015
- H.R. 3770 (114th): End Surprise Billing Act of 2015
- H.R. 3627 (114th): Earth Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Doggett’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.R. 4681 (113th): Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2015
Dec 10, 2014. Passed 325/100.
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 2362 (112th): Indian Tribal Trade and Investment Demonstration Project Act of 2011
Jul 23, 2012. Failed 222/160.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
From Jan 1995 to Mar 2017, Doggett missed 326 of 15,044 roll call votes, which is 2.2%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 1 explanation for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: