Smucker, a Republican, is the representative for Pennsylvania's 16th congressional district (view map) and has served since Jan 3, 2017. Smucker is next up for reelection in 2018.
Smucker is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Smucker has sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Lloyd Smucker sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on the Budget
- House Committee on Education and the Workforce
House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- Member, Subcommittee on Economic Development, Public Buildings, and Emergency Management
- Member, Subcommittee on Highways and Transit
- Member, Subcommittee on Railroads, Pipelines, and Hazardous Materials
Smucker sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Smucker’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3888: Strengthening our Pediatric Workforce Act of 2017
- H.R. 2991: Susquehanna National Heritage Area Act
- H.R. 2866: Reducing Unnecessary Barriers for Relative Foster Parents Act
- H.R. 2221: Government Shutdown Prevention Act
- H.R. 1972: VA Billing Accountability Act
- H.R. 1971: Water Infrastructure Flexibility Act
- H.R. 1845: Seniors’ Health Care Choice Act of 2017
|Smucker’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 1039: Probation Officer Protection Act of 2017
May 19, 2017. Passed 229/177.
H.R. 1039 amends the federal criminal code to authorize a probation officer to arrest a person, without warrant, if there is probable cause to believe that person forcibly assaulted or obstructed a probation officer while performing their official duties. The bill also would direct the ...
H.R. 1695: Register of Copyrights Selection and Accountability Act of 2017
Apr 26, 2017. Passed 378/48.
This bill would change the appointment process for the head of the U.S. Copyright Office, known as the Register of Copyrights. Currently the Register of Copyrights is hired by the Librarian of Congress (who is the head of the Library of Congress). This bill would ...
From Jan 2017 to Nov 2017, Smucker missed 9 of 637 roll call votes, which is 1.4%. This is better than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: