Read our 2019 Report Card for Frankel.
Frankel is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Frankel has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jan 21, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Lois Frankel sits on the following committees:
Frankel was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 1678: To amend the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act concerning the statute of limitations for actions to recover disaster or emergency assistance payments, and for ...
Does 1 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Frankel sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
International Affairs (36%) Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (12%) Education (9%) Armed Forces and National Security (9%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (9%) Immigration (9%) Health (9%) Labor and Employment (6%)
Some of Frankel’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 688: Recognizing 25 years since the 1994 International Conference on Population and Development (ICPD) ...
- H.R. 4744: THUG Act
- H.R. 3881: Visa Transparency Anti-Trafficking Act of 2019
- H.R. 3804: Athletics Fair Pay Act of 2019
- H.R. 2239: To amend the Tariff Act of 1930 to provide for a deferral of ...
- H.R. 2153: Keeping Girls in School Act
- H.Res. 291: Recognizing that contributions of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization are vital to United ...
From Jan 2013 to Jan 2020, Frankel missed 191 of 4,462 roll call votes, which is 4.3%. This is worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: