Read our 2016 Report Card for Sanchez.
Our unique analysis of the bills Sanchez sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2016. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Sanchez is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Sanchez was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 1366 (107th): To designate the United States Post Office building located at 3101 West Sunflower Avenue in Santa Ana, California, as the “Hector G. Godinez Post Office Building”.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Sanchez sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Sanchez’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5310: Creating Higher Education Affordability Necessary to Compete Economically Act
- H.Res. 681: Honoring women who have served, and who are currently serving, as members of ...
- H.Res. 643: Honoring women who have served, and who are currently serving, as members of ...
- H.R. 4383: DHS Human Trafficking Prevention Act of 2016
- H.Res. 217: Honoring the life and accomplishments of Henry Thomas Segerstrom and expressing condolences on ...
- H.R. 1596: To authorize the President to award the Medal of Honor to Special Forces ...
- H.R. 1051: To direct the Secretary of Homeland Security to designate John Wayne Airport in ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Sanchez’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act ("H.R. 2048". , Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection ...
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 5325 (112th): Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013
Jun 6, 2012. Passed 255/165.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
H.Res. 1031 (110th): Providing for the adoption of the resolution (H. Res. 895) establishing within the House of Representatives an ...
Mar 11, 2008. Passed 229/182.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
From Jan 1997 to Dec 2016, Sanchez missed 1,104 of 13,498 roll call votes, which is 8.2%. This is much worse than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2016. ProPublica has tracked 78 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: