Read our 2016 Report Card for Barletta.
Our unique analysis of the bills Barletta has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Barletta is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Lou Barletta sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Economic Development, Public Buildings, and Emergency Management
- Member, Subcommittee on Highways and Transit
- Member, Subcommittee on Railroads, Pipelines, and Hazardous Materials
- House Committee on Education and the Workforce
- House Committee on Homeland Security
Barletta was the primary sponsor of 5 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1191 (114th): Iran Nuclear Agreement Review Act of 2015
- H.R. 1472 (114th): Integrated Public Alert and Warning System Modernization Act of 2015
- H.R. 33 (114th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to ensure that emergency services volunteers are not taken into account as employees under the shared responsibility requirements contained ...
- H.R. 3979 (113th): Carl Levin and Howard P. “Buck” McKeon National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2015
- H.R. 2415 (112th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 11 Dock Street in Pittston, Pennsylvania, as the “Trooper Joshua D. Miller Post Office Building”.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Barletta sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Immigration (30%) Emergency Management (16%) Government Operations and Politics (14%) Taxation (14%) Armed Forces and National Security (8%) Transportation and Public Works (8%) Animals (5%) Commerce (5%)
Some of Barletta’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1991: Protecting Volunteer Firefighters and Emergency Responders Act
- H.R. 1671: Verify First Act
- H.Con.Res. 35: Authorizing the use of the Capitol Grounds for the National Peace Officers Memorial ...
- H.R. 1214: Disaster SAVE Act
- H.R. 1010: Defense of Legal Workers Act of 2017
- H.R. 643: Visa Overstay Enforcement Act of 2017
- H.R. 642: Fusion Center Enhancement Act of 2017
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Barletta’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed 312/119.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 33: Protecting Volunteer Firefighters and Emergency Responders Act
Feb 27, 2015. Passed 357/60.
This bill was the vehicle for the passage of continuing appropriations. This bill started out as the Protecting Volunteer Firefighters and Emergency Responders Act. It was passed by the House in this form. But on Feb 27, 2015 the Senate struck its text in whole ...
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed 203/224.
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 2608 (112th): Continuing Appropriations Act, 2012
Sep 21, 2011. Failed 195/230.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
From Jan 2011 to Apr 2017, Barletta missed 158 of 4,371 roll call votes, which is 3.6%. This is worse than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 59 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: