Our unique analysis of the bills Barletta has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Barletta is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Barletta for more statistics.
Lou Barletta sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Economic Development, Public Buildings, and Emergency Management
- Member, Subcommittee on Highways and Transit
- Member, Subcommittee on Railroads, Pipelines, and Hazardous Materials
- House Committee on Education and the Workforce
- House Committee on Homeland Security
Barletta sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Immigration (26%) Government Operations and Politics (18%) Commerce (12%) Emergency Management (12%) Taxation (9%) Transportation and Public Works (9%) Armed Forces and National Security (9%) International Affairs (6%)
Some of Barletta’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4843: Infant Plan of Safe Care Improvement Act
- H.Con.Res. 117: Authorizing the use of the Capitol Grounds for the National Peace Officers Memorial ...
- H.R. 4487: Public Buildings Reform and Savings Act of 2016
- H.R. 3598: Fusion Center Enhancement Act of 2015
- H.R. 3473: Local Farm Vehicle Flexibility Act
- H.R. 3316: School Food Modernization Act
- H.R. 3002: Mobilizing Against Sanctuary Cities Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Sep 2016, Barletta missed 131 of 4,087 roll call votes, which is 3.2%. This is worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 59 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: