Our unique analysis of the bills Gohmert has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Gohmert is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Gohmert for more statistics.
Louie Gohmert Jr. sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Natural Resources
House Committee on the Judiciary
- Vice Chairman, Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security, and Investigations
- Member, Subcommittee on The Constitution and Civil Justice
Gohmert sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Taxation (25%) Armed Forces and National Security (15%) Education (10%) Immigration (10%) Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (10%) International Affairs (10%) Government Operations and Politics (10%) Energy (10%)
Some of Gohmert’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5581: CLINTON Act of 2016
- H.R. 5430: Public Water Supply Invasive Species Compliance Act of 2016
- H.J.Res. 93: Proposing a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution of the United States.
- H.Con.Res. 107: Providing for a conditional adjournment of the House of Representatives.
- H.R. 4167: Kari’s Law Act of 2016
- H.Res. 410: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the Iran Nuclear Agreement ...
- H.R. 3165: Safer DC Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2005 to Jul 2016, Gohmert missed 632 of 8,736 roll call votes, which is 7.2%. This is much worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 2 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: