Bafalis was the representative for Florida’s 10th congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 1973 to 1982.
Bafalis is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1982 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Bafalis sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 4, 1977 to Dec 21, 1982. See full analysis methodology.
Bafalis sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Bafalis’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6808 (97th): A bill to designate the Federal Building in Fort Myers, Florida, as ...
- H.R. 5434 (97th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 to allow ...
- H.R. 5217 (97th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 to limit ...
- H.R. 4939 (97th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 to make ...
- H.R. 4924 (97th): A bill to amend the Unemployment Compensation Amendments of 1976 with respect ...
- H.R. 4524 (97th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 to limit ...
- H.R. 3882 (97th): Family Enterprise Estate and Gift Tax Equity and Reduction Act
From Jan 1973 to Dec 1982, Bafalis missed 469 of 5,979 roll call votes, which is 7.8%. This is on par with the median of 7.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1982. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills