Our unique analysis of the bills Bafalis sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1982. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Bafalis is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Bafalis sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Bafalis’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6808 (97th): A bill to designate the Federal Building in Fort Myers, Florida, as ...
- H.R. 5434 (97th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 to allow ...
- H.R. 5217 (97th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 to limit ...
- H.R. 4939 (97th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 to make ...
- H.R. 4924 (97th): A bill to amend the Unemployment Compensation Amendments of 1976 with respect ...
- H.R. 4524 (97th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 to limit ...
- H.R. 3882 (97th): Family Enterprise Estate and Gift Tax Equity and Reduction Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1973 to Dec 1982, Bafalis missed 469 of 5,979 roll call votes, which is 7.8%. This is on par with the median of 7.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1982. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills