Frey, a Republican, was the representative for Florida's 9th congressional district from 1973 to 1978.
He was previously the representative for Florida's 5th congressional district (1969-1972).
Frey is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1978 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Frey sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Frey was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 2658 (95th): A bill for the relief of Nora L. Kennedy.
- H.R. 11273 (93rd): Federal Noxious Weed Act
- H.R. 8591 (93rd): A bill to authorize the President to appoint to the active list of the Navy and Marine Corps of certain Reserves and temporary officers.
- H.R. 8928 (93rd): A bill to amend the Agricultural Adjustment Act, as reenacted and amended by the Agricultural Marketing Agreement Act of 1937, so as to authorize certain grapefruit marketing ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Frey sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (23%) Labor and Employment (16%) Government Operations and Politics (15%) Crime and Law Enforcement (11%) Social Welfare (10%) Taxation (9%) Health (8%) Housing and Community Development (7%)
Some of Frey’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 9811 (95th): Surplus School Conservation Act
- H.R. 9724 (95th): National Condominium and Tenants Rights Act
- H.R. 9723 (95th): A bill to amend the National Housing Act to prohibit Federal Housing ...
- H.R. 9725 (95th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 to provide ...
- H.R. 9660 (95th): A bill for the relief of Hermina Jormigos.
- H.R. 9661 (95th): A bill for the relief of Lee Myong Sook.
- H.R. 8379 (95th): A bill to amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to ...
From Jan 1969 to Oct 1978, Frey missed 939 of 4,983 roll call votes, which is 18.8%. This is much worse than the median of 8.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1978. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- @unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills