Read our 2016 Report Card for Roybal-Allard.
Our unique analysis of the bills Roybal-Allard has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Roybal-Allard is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Lucille Roybal-Allard sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Appropriations
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Homeland Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Energy and Water Development, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Labor, Health and Human Services, Education, and Related Agencies
Roybal-Allard was the primary sponsor of 7 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 861: Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act, 2015
- H.R. 1281 (113th): Newborn Screening Saves Lives Reauthorization Act of 2014
- H.R. 5919 (110th): To make technical corrections regarding the Newborn Screening Saves Lives Act of 2007.
- H.R. 3825 (110th): Newborn Screening Saves Lives Act of 2008
- H.R. 864 (109th): Sober Truth on Preventing Underage Drinking Act
- H.J.Res. 57 (108th): Expressing the sense of the Congress in recognition of the contributions of the seven Columbia astronauts by supporting establishment of a Columbia Memorial Space Science Learning Center.
- H.R. 5083 (106th): To extend the authority of the Los Angeles Unified School District to use certain park lands in the city of South Gate, California, which were acquired with ...
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Roybal-Allard sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Roybal-Allard’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 508: To expand Medicare coverage to include eyeglasses, hearing aids, and dental care.
- H.R. 6314: Commission on the Removal of Mexican-Americans to Mexico Act
- H.Res. 680: Supporting the goals and ideals of National Public Health Week.
- H.R. 3841: Security and Financial Empowerment Act of 2015
- H.R. 3605: Protect Family Values at the Border Act
- H.R. 3606: Child Trafficking Victims Protection Act
- H.R. 2764: CARE Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Roybal-Allard’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 2393: Country of Origin Labeling Amendments Act of 2015
Jun 10, 2015. Passed 300/131.
The Country of Origin Labeling Amendments Act of 2015 would repeal the requirement for meat products to be labeled with their country of origin. Currently meat products must include information on where the animal was bred, raised, and slaughtered. The Canadian government filed a complaint ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act ("H.R. 2048". , Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection ...
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 5461 (113th): To clarify the application of certain leverage and risk-based requirements under the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and ...
Sep 16, 2014. Passed 327/97.
H.R. 3336 (112th): Small Business Credit Availability Act’
Apr 25, 2012. Passed 312/111.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
H.R. 1424 (110th): Paul Wellstone Mental Health and Addiction Equity Act of 2007
Oct 3, 2008. Passed 263/171.
This is the Senate's October 2008 Economic Stimulus Relief Bill. This bill was originally introduced in March 2007 and passed the House as the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008. In October 2008, it was co-opted as the so-called "vehicle" to pass the relief bill ...
From Jan 1993 to Jan 2017, Roybal-Allard missed 399 of 16,012 roll call votes, which is 2.5%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 75 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: