She was previously the representative for California’s 34th congressional district as a Democrat from 2003 to 2012; and the representative for California’s 33rd congressional district as a Democrat from 1993 to 2002.
Read our 2017 Report Card for Roybal-Allard.
Roybal-Allard is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Roybal-Allard has sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Lucille Roybal-Allard sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Appropriations
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Homeland Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Labor, Health and Human Services, Education, and Related Agencies
Roybal-Allard was the primary sponsor of 7 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 861 (114th): Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act, 2015
- H.R. 1281 (113th): Newborn Screening Saves Lives Reauthorization Act of 2014
- H.R. 5919 (110th): To make technical corrections regarding the Newborn Screening Saves Lives Act of 2007.
- H.R. 3825 (110th): Newborn Screening Saves Lives Act of 2008
- H.R. 864 (109th): Sober Truth on Preventing Underage Drinking Act
- H.J.Res. 57 (108th): Expressing the sense of the Congress in recognition of the contributions of the seven Columbia astronauts by supporting establishment of a Columbia Memorial Space Science Learning Center.
- H.R. 5083 (106th): To extend the authority of the Los Angeles Unified School District to use certain park lands in the city of South Gate, California, which were acquired with ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Roybal-Allard sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Roybal-Allard’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5950: HELP Separated Children Act
- H.R. 5917: Professional’s Access to Health Workforce Integration Act of 2018
- H.R. 5414: Help Separated Families Act of 2018
- H.Res. 805: Supporting the goals and ideals of National Public Health Week.
- H.R. 4198: Security and Financial Empowerment Act of 2017
- H.R. 3440: Dream Act of 2017
- H.R. 2886: CARE Act of 2017
|Roybal-Allard’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2393: Country of Origin Labeling Amendments Act of 2015
Jun 10, 2015. Passed 300/131.
The Country of Origin Labeling Amendments Act of 2015 would repeal the requirement for meat products to be labeled with their country of origin. Currently meat products must include information on where the animal was bred, raised, and slaughtered. The Canadian government filed a complaint ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 5461 (113th): To clarify the application of certain leverage and risk-based requirements under the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and ...
Sep 16, 2014. Passed 327/97.
H.R. 3336 (112th): Small Business Credit Availability Act’
Apr 25, 2012. Passed 312/111.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
H.R. 1424 (110th): Paul Wellstone Mental Health and Addiction Equity Act of 2007
Oct 3, 2008. Passed 263/171.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of economic stimulus relief during the 2008 financial crisis as well as other unrelated provisions. It was the Senate's October 2008 plan, and it became law. The bill contains sections for: * Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008 ...
From Jan 1993 to Sep 2018, Roybal-Allard missed 430 of 17,062 roll call votes, which is 2.5%. This is on par with the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: