McBath is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills McBath has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Nov 22, 2022. See full analysis methodology.
Lucy McBath sits on the following committees:
McBath was the primary sponsor of 6 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 942: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide for the application of the premium tax credit in the case of certain individuals who are unemployed during …
- H.R. 7259 (116th): Patents for Humanity Program Improvement Act
- H.R. 5321 (116th): Public Health Infrastructure Modernization Act of 2019
- H.R. 5202 (116th): Protecting Critical Services for Mothers and Babies Act
- H.R. 2938 (116th): HAVEN Act
- H.R. 3986 (116th): Child Care Protection Improvement Act of 2019
Does 6 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
McBath sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Recently Introduced Bills
McBath recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 9009: Federal Prison Oversight Act
- H.R. 8270: Emergency Advance Refill Notification Act of 2022
- H.Res. 1074: Commemorating the 40th anniversary of the Weather Channel.
- H.R. 7603: WIC Healthy Beginnings Act of 2022
- H.R. 7537: Help for Healing Communities Act
- H.R. 7385: TRAIN Act
- H.R. 7310: Protecting America’s Retirement Security Act
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2019 to Nov 2022, McBath missed 5 of 1,871 roll call votes, which is 0.3%. This is better than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: