Our unique analysis of the bills Fortuño sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2008. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Fortuño is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Fortuño was the primary sponsor of 6 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 4289 (110th): To name the Department of Veterans Affairs outpatient clinic in Ponce, Puerto Rico, as the “Euripides Rubio Department of Veterans Affairs Outpatient Clinic”.
- H.R. 1019 (110th): To designate the United States customhouse building located at 31 Gonzalez Clemente Avenue in Mayaguez, Puerto Rico, as the “Rafael Martinez Nadal United States Customhouse Building”.
- H.R. 414 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 60 Calle McKinley, West in Mayaguez, Puerto Rico, as the “Miguel Angel Garcia Mendez Post ...
- H.R. 5026 (109th): To designate the Investigations Building of the Food and Drug Administration located at 466 Fernandez Juncos Avenue in San Juan, Puerto Rico, as the “Andres Toro Building”.
- H.R. 3440 (109th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 100 Avenida RL Rodriguez in Bayamon, Puerto Rico, as the “Dr. Jose Celso Barbosa Post ...
- H.R. 539 (109th): Caribbean National Forest Act of 2005
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Fortuño sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Fortuño’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5864 (110th): Vieques Bioluminescent Bay Conservation Act of 2008
- H.R. 5526 (110th): To direct the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to establish the Task Force ...
- H.R. 5292 (110th): To permit the Secretary of Health and Human Services to directly administer ...
- H.R. 5046 (110th): To amend the Military Construction Authorization Act, 1974 to repeal the limitation ...
- H.R. 4289 (110th): To name the Department of Veterans Affairs outpatient clinic in Ponce, Puerto ...
- H.Res. 737 (110th): Commemorating October 12, 2007, Spain’s National Day.
- H.R. 3737 (110th): To provide for National Science Foundation and National Aeronautics and Space Administration ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Feb 2007 to Sep 2008, Fortuño missed 166 of 471 roll call votes, which is 35.2%. This is much worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Sep 2008. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: