Our unique analysis of the bills Messer has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Messer is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Messer for more statistics.
Luke Messer sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Education and the Workforce
House Committee on Financial Services
- Member, Subcommittee on Capital Markets and Government Sponsored Enterprises
- Member, Subcommittee on Monetary Policy and Trade
Messer sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Messer’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5805: Retirement Savings Lost and Found Act of 2016
- H.R. 5867: National Strategy for School Security Act of 2016
- H.R. 5755: LEADS Act of 2016
- H.R. 5730: Fair Treatment of Scholarships Act of 2016
- H.R. 5712: Obamacare Regressive Tax Relief Act
- H.R. 5521: RIGHTS at the CFPB Act of 2016
- H.R. 5306: Article V Records Transparency Act of 2016
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2013 to Jul 2016, Messer missed 31 of 2,385 roll call votes, which is 1.3%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 10 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: