Read our 2017 Report Card for Jenkins.
Jenkins is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Jenkins has sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Lynn Jenkins sits on the following committees:
Jenkins was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 3332: Bob Dole Congressional Gold Medal Act
- H.R. 2878 (114th): To provide for the extension of the enforcement instruction on supervision requirements for outpatient therapeutic services in critical access and small rural hospitals through 2015.
- H.R. 4067 (113th): To provide for the extension of the enforcement instruction on supervision requirements for outpatient therapeutic services in critical access and small rural hospitals through 2014.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Jenkins sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Jenkins’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5010: For the relief of Syed Ahmed Jamal and Zaynaub Jahan Chowdhury.
- H.R. 4618: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide for a temporary ...
- H.R. 4520: To provide for the extension of the enforcement instruction on supervision requirements for ...
- H.Res. 627: Recognizing that access to hospitals and other health care providers for patients in ...
- H.R. 4188: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 621 ...
- H.Res. 503: Recognizing the importance of cancer program accreditation in ensuring comprehensive, high-quality, patient-centered cancer ...
- H.R. 3635: Local Coverage Determination Clarification Act of 2017
|Jenkins’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.Con.Res. 71: Establishing the congressional budget for the United States Government for fiscal year 2018 and setting forth the appropriate budgetary levels for fiscal years 2019 through 2027.
Oct 26, 2017. Passed 216/212.
H. Con. Res. 71 establishes the budget for fiscal year 2018 and the budget levels for fiscal years 2019-2027. Specifically, the resolution sets overall discretionary spending for Fiscal Year 2018 at $1.132 trillion, which includes $621.5 billion for defense discretionary spending and $511 billion in ...
H.R. 1039: Probation Officer Protection Act of 2017
May 19, 2017. Passed 229/177.
H.R. 1039 amends the federal criminal code to authorize a probation officer to arrest a person, without warrant, if there is probable cause to believe that person forcibly assaulted or obstructed a probation officer while performing their official duties. The bill also would direct the ...
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 1806: America COMPETES Reauthorization Act of 2015
May 20, 2015. Passed 217/205.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
S. 1603 (113th): Gun Lake Trust Land Reaffirmation Act
Sep 16, 2014. Passed 359/64.
H.R. 2642 (113th): Agriculture Reform, Food, and Jobs Act of 2013
Jan 29, 2014. Passed 251/166.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
H.R. 1752 (111th): To provide that the usual day for paying salaries in or under the House of Representatives may ...
Jul 30, 2009. Failed 282/144.
From Jan 2009 to Feb 2018, Jenkins missed 96 of 6,580 roll call votes, which is 1.5%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: