Rivers was the representative for Michigan’s 13th congressional district as a Democrat. She served from 1995 to 2002.
Rivers is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2002 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Rivers sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 7, 1997 to Nov 19, 2002. See full analysis methodology.
Rivers sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Rivers’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5230 (107th): Safe And Fair Enforcement and Recall for Meat, Poultry, and Food Act
- H.R. 5210 (107th): National Beverage Producer Responsibility Act of 2002
- H.R. 5106 (107th): Alopecia Fairness Expansion Act of 2002
- H.Con.Res. 383 (107th): Commending the NephCure Foundation for its sponsorship of National Kidney Cure Week ...
- H.R. 4084 (107th): Corporate Asset Protection Act of 2002
- H.R. 3966 (107th): Genomic Science and Technology Innovation Act of 2002
- H.R. 3967 (107th): Genomic Research and Diagnostic Accessibility Act of 2002
From Jan 1995 to Nov 2002, Rivers missed 55 of 4,737 roll call votes, which is 1.2%. This is better than the median of 2.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Nov 2002. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: