Read our 2016 Report Card for Westmoreland.
Our unique analysis of the bills Westmoreland sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2016. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Westmoreland is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Westmoreland was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 6133 (112th): To provide clarity on the use of National Infantry Museum and Soldier Center Commemorative Coin surcharges, the use of Abraham Lincoln Commemorative Coin surcharges, and for other ...
- H.R. 2056 (112th): To instruct the Inspector General of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation to study the impact of insured depository institution failures, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 3229 (110th): National Infantry Museum and Soldier Center Commemorative Coin Act
- H.R. 2309 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 3916 Milgen Road in Columbus, Georgia, as the “Frank G. Lumpkin, Jr. Post Office Building”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Westmoreland sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Westmoreland’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5455 (114th): Protecting Consumer Financial Information Act
- H.R. 4894 (114th): To repeal title II of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer ...
- H.R. 4248 (114th): FSOC Designation Review Act
- H.R. 3699 (114th): Judgement Fund Taxpayer Accountability Act
- H.R. 3655 (114th): EPA Pays Act
- H.R. 3531 (114th): No Exemptions for EPA Act of 2015
- H.R. 2094 (114th): To repeal titles I and II of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform ...
|Westmoreland’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
S. 1603 (113th): Gun Lake Trust Land Reaffirmation Act
Sep 16, 2014. Passed 359/64.
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 5972 (112th): Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013
Jun 29, 2012. Passed 261/163.
S. 365 (112th): Budget Control Act of 2011
Aug 1, 2011. Passed 269/161.
The Budget Control Act of 2011 (Pub.L. 112–25, S. 365, 125 Stat. 240, enacted August 2, 2011) is a federal statute in the United States that was signed into law by President Barack Obama on August 2, 2011. The Act brought conclusion to the United ...
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
From Jan 2005 to Dec 2016, Westmoreland missed 652 of 8,880 roll call votes, which is 7.3%. This is much worse than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2016. ProPublica has tracked 194 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: