Our unique analysis of the bills Westmoreland has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Westmoreland is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Westmoreland for more statistics.
Lynn Westmoreland sits on the following committees:
- House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
- House Committee on Financial Services
- House Select Committee on the Events Surrounding the 2012 Terrorist Attack in Benghazi
Westmoreland sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Westmoreland’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5455: Protecting Consumer Financial Information Act
- H.R. 4894: To repeal title II of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection ...
- H.R. 4248: FSOC Designation Review Act
- H.R. 3699: Judgement Fund Taxpayer Accountability Act
- H.R. 3655: EPA Pays Act
- H.R. 3531: No Exemptions for EPA Act of 2015
- H.R. 2094: To repeal titles I and II of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2005 to Jul 2016, Westmoreland missed 588 of 8,736 roll call votes, which is 6.7%. This is much worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 194 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: