Dean is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Dean has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jun 25, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Madeleine Dean sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Financial Services
- House Committee on the Judiciary
Some of Dean’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2950: Know Conflicts Act of 2019
- H.Res. 385: Expressing support for “Bike to Work Day” on May 17, 2019.
- H.Res. 365: Expressing support for the designation of May 10, 2019, as “World Lupus Day”.
- H.R. 2600: Toxic PFAS Control Act
- H.R. 869: Undetectable Firearms Modernization Act
From Jan 2019 to Jun 2019, Dean missed 4 of 424 roll call votes, which is 0.9%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: