Read our 2019 Report Card for Dean.
Dean is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Dean has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jan 17, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Madeleine Dean sits on the following committees:
Dean sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Dean’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5171: Reauthorization of the National Advisory Committee on Institutional Quality and Integrity Act
- H.R. 5003: Fair Debt Collection Practices for Servicemembers Act
- H.R. 4712: Fairness in Orphan Drug Exclusivity Act
- H.R. 4544: Ensuring Fair Legal Recourse for Private Student Loan Borrowers Act
- H.R. 4545: Private Loan Disability Discharge Act of 2019
- H.R. 4300: Fostering Stable Housing Opportunities Act of 2019
- H.R. 3989: Improving Justice Programs through Science Act of 2019
From Jan 2019 to Jan 2020, Dean missed 6 of 723 roll call votes, which is 0.8%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: