Read our 2019 Report Card for Dean.
Dean is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Dean has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Nov 27, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Madeleine Dean sits on the following committees:
Dean sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Dean’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 1215: Honoring the life and achievements of Lucretia Mott and the 140th anniversary of ...
- H.R. 8705: END Stigma Act
- H.Res. 1160: Expressing support for the designation of September 2020 as “Pain Awareness Month” and ...
- H.R. 8366: Protecting Homeowners in Bankruptcy Act of 2020
- H.R. 8351: Community Health Center Mental Health Screening Act
- H.R. 8335: Congressional Subpoena Compliance and Enforcement Act of 2020
- H.Res. 1087: Recognizing the importance and significance of the Justice Bell in the women’s suffrage ...
From Jan 2019 to Nov 2020, Dean missed 6 of 928 roll call votes, which is 0.6%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: