Read our 2019 Report Card for Dean.
Dean is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Dean has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jul 9, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Madeleine Dean sits on the following committees:
Dean sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Dean’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6934: To amend the CARES Act to require the uniform treatment of nationally recognized ...
- H.R. 6899: Know Your Housing Rights Act of 2020
- H.R. 6900: Emergency GRACE Act
- H.R. 6619: Restore America’s Main Street Act
- H.Res. 912: Expressing support for the designation of March 29, 2020, as “Vietnam Veterans Day”.
- H.R. 6316: Emergency Relief for Student Borrowers Act of 2020
- H.Res. 885: Expressing support for the designation of March 4, 2020, as “National Assistive Technology ...
From Jan 2019 to Jul 2020, Dean missed 6 of 839 roll call votes, which is 0.7%. This is better than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: