Read our 2019 Report Card for Veasey.
Veasey is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Veasey has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Sep 22, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Marc Veasey sits on the following committees:
Veasey sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Veasey’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 1114: Expressing support for the designation of the month of September as “National Voting ...
- H.R. 8248: Diversity in Military Leadership Act
- H.R. 8085: Pipeline Safety Pilot Program Act
- H.Res. 1010: Commemorating Juneteenth by calling for the implementation of safeguards to protect the integrity ...
- H.R. 7115: Restoration of Civil Rights Act of 2019
- H.R. 6881: Emergency Broadband Connections Act of 2020
- H.Res. 953: Expressing support for designation of May 2020 as “Health and Fitness Month”.
From Jan 2013 to Sep 2020, Veasey missed 63 of 4,641 roll call votes, which is 1.4%. This is better than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: