Read our 2019 Report Card for Veasey.
Veasey is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Veasey has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Feb 27, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Marc Veasey sits on the following committees:
Veasey sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Veasey’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 826: Expressing disapproval of the Trump administration’s harmful actions towards Medicaid.
- H.R. 5562: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 4650 ...
- H.R. 5173: To authorize the National Medal of Honor Museum Foundation to establish a commemorative ...
- H.R. 5130: Capturing All Small Businesses Act of 2019
- H.R. 4933: Women in Apprenticeship and Nontraditional Occupations Amendment Act
- H.R. 4798: Police Protection Act of 2019
- H.R. 4799: Preservation of Public Evidence Act of 2019
From Jan 2013 to Feb 2020, Veasey missed 49 of 4,518 roll call votes, which is 1.1%. This is better than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: