Veasey is the representative for Texas’s 33rd congressional district (view map) and is a Democrat. He has served since Jan 3, 2013. Veasey is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
Read our 2020 Report Card for Veasey.
Veasey is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Veasey has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Jun 11, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Marc Veasey sits on the following committees:
Veasey was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 5173 (116th): To authorize the National Medal of Honor Museum Foundation to establish a commemorative work in the District of Columbia or its environs, and for other purposes.
Does 1 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Veasey sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Veasey’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3169: To establish the Future of Local News Committee to examine and report on ...
- H.R. 1992: SCALE Act
- H.R. 1721: To amend the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021 to authorize additional funds for the ...
- H.R. 1664: To authorize the National Medal of Honor Museum Foundation to establish a commemorative ...
- H.R. 340: Incentivizing Medicaid Expansion Act of 2021
- H.R. 8995 (116th): To require the Secretary of Energy to establish programs for carbon dioxide ...
- H.Res. 1114 (116th): Expressing support for the designation of the month of September as “National ...
From Jan 2013 to May 2021, Veasey missed 67 of 4,849 roll call votes, which is 1.4%. This is on par with the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: