Our unique analysis of the bills Fudge has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Fudge is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Fudge for more statistics.
Marcia Fudge sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Agriculture
House Committee on Education and the Workforce
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Early Childhood, Elementary, and Secondary Education
- Member, Subcommittee on Workforce Protections
Fudge sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Fudge’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 888: Expressing support for designation of September as “National Childhood Obesity Awareness Month”.
- H.R. 6143: To amend the Safe Drinking Water Act to require the Administrator of the ...
- H.Con.Res. 153: Expressing the sense of Congress that a day should be designated as “National ...
- H.R. 5738: Stronger Together School Diversity Act of 2016
- H.R. 4661: Parent PLUS Loan Improvement Act of 2016
- H.R. 4542: Low Income Sewer and Water Assistance Program Act of 2016
- H.Res. 427: Honoring the life, accomplishments, and legacy of Congressman Louis Stokes.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Dec 2008 to Sep 2016, Fudge missed 193 of 5,749 roll call votes, which is 3.4%. This is worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 6 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: