Our unique analysis of the bills Fudge has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Fudge is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Fudge for more statistics.
Marcia Fudge sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Agriculture
House Committee on Education and the Workforce
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Early Childhood, Elementary, and Secondary Education
- Member, Subcommittee on Workforce Protections
Fudge sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Fudge’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 888: Expressing support for designation of September as “National Childhood Obesity Awareness Month”.
- H.R. 6143: To amend the Safe Drinking Water Act to require the Administrator of the ...
- H.Con.Res. 153: Expressing the sense of Congress that a day should be designated as “National ...
- H.R. 5738: Stronger Together School Diversity Act of 2016
- H.R. 4661: Parent PLUS Loan Improvement Act of 2016
- H.R. 4542: Low Income Sewer and Water Assistance Program Act of 2016
- H.Res. 427: Honoring the life, accomplishments, and legacy of Congressman Louis Stokes.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Fudge’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.Res. 546: Providing for consideration of the conference report to accompany the bill (H.R. 22) to authorize funds for Federal-aid ...
Dec 3, 2015. Passed.
H.Res. 495: Providing for consideration of the Senate amendment to the bill (H.R. 1314) to amend the Internal Revenue Code ...
Oct 28, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 1599: Safe and Accurate Food Labeling Act of 2015
Jul 23, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2596: Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016
Jun 16, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
From Dec 2008 to Dec 2016, Fudge missed 193 of 5,775 roll call votes, which is 3.3%. This is worse than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 6 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: