Hassan is the junior senator from New Hampshire and is a Democrat. She has served since Jan 3, 2017. Hassan is next up for reelection in 2022.
Read our 2017 Report Card for Hassan.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Margaret “Maggie” Hassan sits on the following committees:
- Joint Economic Committee
Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Member, Subcommittee on Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet
- Member, Subcommittee on Consumer Protection, Product Safety, Insurance, and Data Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Space, Science, and Competitiveness
- Member, Subcommittee on Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety and Security
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
Hassan sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Hassan’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3592: No More Surprise Medical Bills Act of 2018
- S. 3356: Synthetic Drug Awareness Act of 2018
- S. 3309: DHS Cyber Incident Response Teams Act of 2018
- S. 2837: Preventing Drug Diversion Act of 2018
- S. 2747: National Evaluation of Techniques for Making Energy Technologies More Efficient and Resilient Act ...
- S. 2711: Enhancing Access to Addiction Treatment Act of 2018
- S. 2589: Comprehensive Opioid Recovery Centers Act of 2018
|Hassan’s Vote||Vote Description|
On the Nomination PN1620: Charles P. Rettig, of California, to be Commissioner of Internal Revenue for the term expiring November 12, 2022
Sep 12, 2018. Nomination Confirmed 64/33.
H.R. 2: Agriculture and Nutrition Act of 2018
Jun 28, 2018. Bill Passed 86/11.
See the Congressional Research Service's 122-page summary of the bill. * * * H.R. 2 amends and extends major programs for income support, food and nutrition, land conservation, trade promotion, rural development, research, forestry, horticulture, and other miscellaneous programs administered by the Department of Agriculture ...
H.R. 1892: Further Extension of Continuing Appropriations Act, 2018; Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2018, the SUSTAIN Care Act of 2018; Family First Prevention Services Act.; Honoring Hometown ...
Feb 9, 2018. Motion Agreed to 71/28.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of funding for the federal government through March 23, 2018, to avert a government shutdown that would have occurred on February 9, 2018 had this bill not been enacted. The bill was introduced as the Honoring Hometown Heroes ...
On the Nomination PN372: Kevin Christopher Newsom, of Alabama, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Eleventh Circuit
Aug 1, 2017. Nomination Confirmed 66/31.
H.J.Res. 43: Providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, of the final rule submitted by Secretary of Health and Human Services relating ...
Mar 30, 2017. Joint Resolution Passed 51/50.
Joe Biden never got the opportunity to break a single 50-50 Senate tie in eight years as vice president. Mike Pence has already broken two. One from last month has since become law: a measure allowing states to withhold federal Planned Parenthood funding. (The other ...
On the Nomination PN43: Mike Pompeo, of Kansas, to be Director of the Central Intelligence Agency
Jan 23, 2017. Nomination Confirmed 66/32.
This vote confirmed Rep. Mike Pompeo (R-KS4), a three-term Congressman first elected in 2010, as Director of the Central Intelligence Agency. * * * Rep. Mike Pompeo (R-KS4), a three-term Congressman first elected in 2010, was President-elect Donald Trump’s nominee to serve as CIA Director. ...
From Jan 2017 to Oct 2018, Hassan missed 3 of 564 roll call votes, which is 0.5%. This is better than the median of 1.5% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: