Hassan is the junior senator from New Hampshire and is a Democrat. She has served since Jan 3, 2017. Hassan is next up for reelection in 2022.
Read our 2017 Report Card for Hassan.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Margaret “Maggie” Hassan sits on the following committees:
- Joint Economic Committee
Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Member, Subcommittee on Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet
- Member, Subcommittee on Consumer Protection, Product Safety, Insurance, and Data Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Space, Science, and Competitiveness
- Member, Subcommittee on Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety and Security
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
Hassan sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Hassan’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3309: DHS Cyber Incident Response Teams Act of 2018
- S. 2837: Preventing Drug Diversion Act of 2018
- S. 2747: National Evaluation of Techniques for Making Energy Technologies More Efficient and Resilient Act ...
- S. 2711: Enhancing Access to Addiction Treatment Act of 2018
- S. 2589: Comprehensive Opioid Recovery Centers Act of 2018
- S. 2418: Rural Reasonable and Comparable Wireless Access Act of 2018
- S. 2407: Gateway to Careers Act of 2018
|Hassan’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 2: Agriculture and Nutrition Act of 2018
Jun 28, 2018. Bill Passed 86/11.
See the Congressional Research Service's 122-page summary of the bill. * * * H.R. 2 amends and extends major programs for income support, food and nutrition, land conservation, trade promotion, rural development, research, forestry, horticulture, and other miscellaneous programs administered by the Department of Agriculture ...
S. 2155: Economic Growth, Regulatory Relief, and Consumer Protection Act
Mar 14, 2018. Bill Passed 67/31.
Even some Democrats believe that the 2010 law passed in response to the Great Recession went too far and may have inadvertently punished smaller loaning and lending institutions. The Economic Growth, Regulatory Relief, and Consumer Protection Actwould pare some of those rules back — and ...
H.R. 1892: Further Extension of Continuing Appropriations Act, 2018; Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2018, the SUSTAIN Care Act of 2018; Family First Prevention Services Act.; Honoring Hometown ...
Feb 9, 2018. Motion Agreed to 71/28.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of funding for the federal government through March 23, 2018, to avert a government shutdown that would have occurred on February 9, 2018 had this bill not been enacted. The bill was introduced as the Honoring Hometown Heroes ...
H.R. 1370: Continuing Appropriations Act, Department of Defense Missile Defeat and Defense Enhancements Appropriations Act, CHIP and Public Health Funding Extension Act, 2018
Dec 21, 2017. Motion Agreed to 66/32.
This bill was the vehicle for passage of legislation to avert a government shutdown. The final legislation included * the Further Additional Continuing Appropriations Act, 2018, which funds the government through January 19, 2018 * funding for a missile defense system * funding the Children’s ...
On the Nomination PN43: Mike Pompeo, of Kansas, to be Director of the Central Intelligence Agency
Jan 23, 2017. Nomination Confirmed 66/32.
This vote confirmed Rep. Mike Pompeo (R-KS4), a three-term Congressman first elected in 2010, as Director of the Central Intelligence Agency. * * * Rep. Mike Pompeo (R-KS4), a three-term Congressman first elected in 2010, was President-elect Donald Trump’s nominee to serve as CIA Director. ...
From Jan 2017 to Aug 2018, Hassan missed 3 of 510 roll call votes, which is 0.6%. This is better than the median of 1.4% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: