Hassan is the junior senator from New Hampshire and is a Democrat. She has served since Jan 3, 2017. Hassan is next up for reelection in 2022.
Read our 2017 Report Card for Hassan.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Margaret “Maggie” Hassan sits on the following committees:
- Joint Economic Committee
Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Member, Subcommittee on Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet
- Member, Subcommittee on Consumer Protection, Product Safety, Insurance, and Data Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Space, Science, and Competitiveness
- Member, Subcommittee on Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety and Security
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
Hassan sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Hassan’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 2711: A bill to amend section 303 of the Controlled Substances Act to facilitate ...
- S. 2589: Comprehensive Opioid Recovery Centers Act of 2018
- S. 2418: Rural Reasonable and Comparable Wireless Access Act of 2018
- S. 2407: Gateway to Careers Act of 2018
- S. 2397: Department of Homeland Security Data Framework Act of 2018
- S. 1840: Middle Class Tax Break Act of 2017
- S. 1769: Connected Government Act
|Hassan’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 1892: Further Extension of Continuing Appropriations Act, 2018; Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2018, the SUSTAIN Care Act of 2018; Family First Prevention Services Act.; Honoring Hometown ...
Feb 9, 2018. Motion Agreed to 71/28.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of funding for the federal government through March 23, 2018, to avert a government shutdown that would have occurred on February 9, 2018 had this bill not been enacted. The bill was introduced as the Honoring Hometown Heroes ...
H.R. 1370: Continuing Appropriations Act, Department of Defense Missile Defeat and Defense Enhancements Appropriations Act, CHIP and Public Health Funding Extension Act, 2018
Dec 21, 2017. Motion Agreed to 66/32.
This bill was the vehicle for passage of legislation to avert a government shutdown. The final legislation included * the Further Additional Continuing Appropriations Act, 2018, which funds the government through January 19, 2018 * funding for a missile defense system * funding the Children’s ...
H.J.Res. 123: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2018, and for other purposes.
Dec 7, 2017. Joint Resolution Passed 81/14.
On the Nomination PN372: Kevin Christopher Newsom, of Alabama, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Eleventh Circuit
Aug 1, 2017. Nomination Confirmed 66/31.
On the Nomination PN43: Mike Pompeo, of Kansas, to be Director of the Central Intelligence Agency
Jan 23, 2017. Nomination Confirmed 66/32.
This vote confirmed Rep. Mike Pompeo (R-KS4), a three-term Congressman first elected in 2010, as Director of the Central Intelligence Agency. * * * Rep. Mike Pompeo (R-KS4), a three-term Congressman first elected in 2010, was President-elect Donald Trump’s nominee to serve as CIA Director. ...
From Jan 2017 to Apr 2018, Hassan missed 0 of 405 roll call votes, which is 0.0%. This is better than the median of 1.4% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: