Miller-Meeks is the representative for Iowa’s 2nd congressional district (view map) and is a Republican. She has served since Jan 3, 2021. Miller-Meeks is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
Miller-Meeks is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Miller-Meeks has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Jun 21, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Mariannette Miller-Meeks sits on the following committees:
Miller-Meeks sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Miller-Meeks’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 484: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the United States should ...
- H.R. 3615: To require the Secretary of Health and Human Services to monitor compliance with ...
- H.R. 3263: DHS Medical Countermeasures Act
- H.R. 2932: Veterans CARE Act
- H.R. 2591: DUMP Opioids Act
- H.Res. 318: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that clean water is a ...
- H.R. 2335: VET TEC Enhancement Act of 2021
From Jan 2021 to Jun 2021, Miller-Meeks missed 1 of 174 roll call votes, which is 0.6%. This is better than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: