Musgrave was the representative for Colorado’s 4th congressional district and was a Republican. She served from 2003 to 2008.
Musgrave is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2008 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Musgrave sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Musgrave was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 2570 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 301 Boardwalk Drive in Fort Collins, Colorado, as the “Dr. Karl E. Carson Post Office ...
- H.R. 3443 (109th): To direct the Secretary of the Interior to convey certain water distribution facilities to the Northern Colorado Water Conservancy District.
- H.R. 481 (109th): Sand Creek Massacre National Historic Site Trust Act of 2005
- H.R. 774 (109th): Rocky Mountain National Park Boundary Adjustment Act of 2005
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Musgrave sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Economics and Public Finance (19%) Government Operations and Politics (16%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (15%) Taxation (12%) Law (11%) Families (9%) Transportation and Public Works (9%) Water Resources Development (9%)
Some of Musgrave’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6840 (110th): For the relief of Arsen Mkrtchyan, Hrach Mkrtchyan, and Elmira Poghosyan.
- H.R. 6412 (110th): Comprehensive Energy Exploration, Price Reduction, and Renewable Energy Investment Act of 2008
- H.R. 6242 (110th): Senior Citizens’ Tax Relief Act of 2008
- H.Res. 1163 (110th): Expressing the support and sympathy of the House of Representatives and the ...
- H.Res. 1122 (110th): Recognizing Armed Forces Day.
- H.Res. 959 (110th): Supporting the Adopt-a-Platoon program, which encourages support to deployed soldiers through letters, ...
- H.R. 3908 (110th): Loyalty to Our Legacy Act of 2007
|Musgrave’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 7110 (110th): Job Creation and Unemployment Relief Act of 2008
Sep 26, 2008. Passed 264/158.
H.R. 6532 (110th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to restore the Highway Trust Fund balance.
Jul 23, 2008. Passed 387/37.
H.R. 5036 (110th): Emergency Assistance for Secure Elections Act of 2008
Apr 15, 2008. Failed 239/178.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 2003 to Dec 2008, Musgrave missed 139 of 4,311 roll call votes, which is 3.2%. This is on par with the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2008. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: