Strickland is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Strickland has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Nov 22, 2022. See full analysis methodology.
Marilyn Strickland sits on the following committees:
Strickland sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Recently Introduced Bills
Strickland recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 8452: Reproductive Health Travel Fund Act of 2022
- H.R. 7563: Increasing Homeownership for Servicemembers Act
- H.R. 7564: Building More Housing for Servicemembers Act
- H.R. 7561: BAH Restoration Act
- H.R. 7562: BAH Calculation Improvement Act
- H.R. 6964: To authorize leases of up to 99 years for lands held in trust …
- H.R. 6347: Military Spouse Entrepreneurs Act of 2021
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2021 to Nov 2022, Strickland missed 27 of 920 roll call votes, which is 2.9%. This is worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: