Our unique analysis of the bills Diaz-Balart has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Diaz-Balart is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Diaz-Balart for more statistics.
Mario Diaz-Balart sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Appropriations
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Transportation, and Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Defense
- Member, Subcommittee on State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
- House Committee on the Budget
Diaz-Balart sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Diaz-Balart’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5394: Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2017
- H.R. 3892: Muslim Brotherhood Terrorist Designation Act of 2015
- H.R. 2829: Free Market Healthcare Restoration and Coverage Act of 2015
- H.R. 2577: Military Construction, Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2017 and Zika Response ...
- H.R. 1748: Safe Building Code Incentive Act of 2015
- H.R. 2241 (113th): Disaster Savings and Resilient Construction Act of 2013
- H.R. 1878 (113th): Safe Building Code Incentive Act of 2013
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Diaz-Balart’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.Res. 639: Authorizing the Speaker to appear as amicus curiae on behalf of the House of Representatives in the matter ...
Mar 17, 2016. Passed.
H.R. 3624: Fraudulent Joinder Prevention Act of 2016
Feb 25, 2016. Passed.
H.R. 1927: Fairness in Class Action Litigation Act of 2015
Jan 8, 2016. Passed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
H.R. 240: Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act, 2015
Jan 14, 2015. Passed.
From Jan 2003 to Sep 2016, Diaz-Balart missed 447 of 10,053 roll call votes, which is 4.4%. This is worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 93 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: