Amodei is the representative for Nevada’s 2nd congressional district (view map) and is a Republican. He has served since Sep 13, 2011. Amodei is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
Read our 2020 Report Card for Amodei.
Amodei is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Amodei has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to May 7, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Mark Amodei sits on the following committees:
Amodei was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 253 (116th): Nevada Lands Bill Technical Corrections Act of 2019
- H.R. 2733 (114th): Nevada Native Nations Land Act
- H.R. 3716 (113th): Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe - Fish Springs Ranch Settlement Act
Does 3 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Amodei sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Amodei’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2120: To amend the Economic Aid to Hard-Hit Small Businesses, Nonprofits, and Venues Act ...
- H.R. 1869: To amend the Omnibus Public Land Management Act of 2009 to make a ...
- H.R. 1789: To amend title 31, United States Code, to save Federal funds by authorizing ...
- H.R. 7995 (116th): Coin Metal Modification Authorization and Cost Savings Act of 2020
- H.R. 7576 (116th): Technical Correction to the Shoshone-Paiute Tribes of the Duck Valley Reservation Water ...
- H.R. 6889 (116th): Northern Nevada Economic Development, Conservation and Military Modernization Act of 2020
- H.R. 6228 (116th): Northern Nevada Economic Development and Conservation Act of 2020
From Sep 2011 to Apr 2021, Amodei missed 293 of 5,726 roll call votes, which is 5.1%. This is much worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: