Amodei is the representative for Nevada’s 2nd congressional district (view map) and is a Republican. He has served since Sep 13, 2011. Amodei is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
Amodei is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Amodei has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Jan 15, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Amodei was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 253: Nevada Lands Bill Technical Corrections Act of 2019
- H.R. 2733 (114th): Nevada Native Nations Land Act
- H.R. 3716 (113th): Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe - Fish Springs Ranch Settlement Act
Does 3 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Amodei sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Amodei’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 7995: Coin Metal Modification Authorization and Cost Savings Act of 2020
- H.R. 7576: Technical Correction to the Shoshone-Paiute Tribes of the Duck Valley Reservation Water Rights ...
- H.R. 6889: Northern Nevada Economic Development, Conservation and Military Modernization Act of 2020
- H.R. 6228: Northern Nevada Economic Development and Conservation Act of 2020
- H.R. 2531: National Strategic and Critical Minerals Production Act
- H.R. 1813: Lyon County Economic Development and Environmental Remediation Act
- H.Res. 78: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the United States postal ...
From Sep 2011 to Jan 2021, Amodei missed 292 of 5,610 roll call votes, which is 5.2%. This is much worse than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: