Sen. Mark Andrews
Former Senator from North Dakota
|Dates||Title / State / District|
North Dakota's At-Large District
North Dakota's 1st District
See Also: Bioguide
Andrews was a rank-and-file Republican according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Andrews’s time serving in the Senate. Andrews’s bills had a total of 228 cosponsors in the 99th Congress.
Use this chart to compare Andrews to other members of the Senate in the 99th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Some of Andrews’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S.J.Res. 333 (99th): A joint resolution designating the week of May 18, 1986, through May ...
- S. 2118 (99th): A bill to provide for the distribution of funds appropriated to pay ...
- S. 2095 (99th): Tribally Controlled Community College Assistance Amendments of 1986
- S.Res. 314 (99th): A resolution authorizing expenditures by the Select Committee on Indian Affairs.
- S. 1991 (99th): A bill to extend programs under the Native American Programs Act of ...
- S. 1919 (99th): Task Force on Elder Abuse Act of 1985
- S. 1872 (99th): A bill relating to the establishment and disposition of customs districts and ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1981 to Oct 1986, Andrews missed 96 of 2,361 roll call votes, which is 4.1%. This is better than the median of 5.7% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Oct 1986. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills