Our unique analysis of the bills DeSaulnier has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). DeSaulnier is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for DeSaulnier for more statistics.
Mark DeSaulnier sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Education and the Workforce
- House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
DeSaulnier sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of DeSaulnier’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6080: Modernizing Firearm Technology Act
- H.R. 6024: Federal Law Enforcement and Public Protection Act
- H.R. 5764: Pell Grant Flexibility Act of 2016
- H.R. 5314: Empowering Pharmacists in the Fight Against Opioid Abuse Act
- H.R. 5266: Servicemember and Veteran Financial Transparency Act
- H.R. 5235: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1025 ...
- H.R. 5024: Clean Air and Vehicle Technology Accountability Act of 2016
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2015 to Sep 2016, DeSaulnier missed 13 of 1,259 roll call votes, which is 1.0%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 4 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: