Read our 2018 Report Card for DeSaulnier.
DeSaulnier is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills DeSaulnier has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to May 24, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Mark DeSaulnier sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Education and Labor
- Member, Subcommittee on Early Childhood, Elementary, and Secondary Education
- Member, Subcommittee on Workforce Protections
- House Committee on Oversight and Reform
- House Committee on Rules
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
DeSaulnier was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 432: Contra Costa Canal Transfer Act
- H.R. 606 (115th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1025 Nevin Avenue in Richmond, California, as the “Harold D. McCraw, Sr., Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 1719: John Muir National Historic Site Expansion Act
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
DeSaulnier sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Transportation and Public Works (18%) Taxation (16%) Armed Forces and National Security (13%) Crime and Law Enforcement (13%) Health (13%) Water Resources Development (11%) Labor and Employment (8%) Education (8%)
Some of DeSaulnier’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2984: To provide whistleblower protections to certain workers in the offshore oil and gas ...
- H.R. 2860: To direct the Chairman of the Federal Trade Commission to establish a task ...
- H.R. 2616: Clean Corridors Act of 2019
- H.R. 2095: National Public Health Act of 2019
- H.Res. 282: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives regarding the importance of local ...
- H.Res. 208: Providing for consideration of the concurrent resolution (H. Con. Res. 24) expressing the ...
- H.R. 1517: COMMUTE Act
From Jan 2015 to May 2019, DeSaulnier missed 32 of 2,766 roll call votes, which is 1.2%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: