Green is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Green has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Dec 7, 2022. See full analysis methodology.
Mark E. Green sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Foreign Affairs
Asia, the Pacific, Central Asia, and Nonproliferation subcommittees
- Western Hemisphere, Civilian Security, Migration, and International Economic Policy subcommittee Ranking Member
- House Committee on Armed Services
- House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis
Green sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Foreign Trade and International Finance (20%) Armed Forces and National Security (20%) Health (17%) International Affairs (12%) Taxation (12%) Economics and Public Finance (10%) Finance and Financial Sector (5%) Immigration (5%)
Recently Introduced Bills
Green recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 9258: To direct the Secretary of Health and Human Services to revise regulations to …
- H.R. 9257: Rural Health Care Access Act of 2022
- H.R. 8078: Reducing Medically Unnecessary Delays in Care Act of 2022
- H.R. 7822: Baby Formula Emergency Act
- H.R. 7579: Western Hemisphere Nearshoring Act
- H.R. 7269: NOT in Our Schools Act of 2022
- H.R. 6942: To prohibit the importation of oil and gas products from Russia, Iran, or …
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2019 to Dec 2022, Green missed 146 of 1,903 roll call votes, which is 7.7%. This is much worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: