Green is the representative for Tennessee’s 7th congressional district (view map) and is a Republican. He has served since Jan 3, 2019. Green is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
Read our 2020 Report Card for Green.
Green is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Green has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Jun 11, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Mark Green sits on the following committees:
Green sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Foreign Trade and International Finance (20%) Taxation (17%) Health (13%) Economics and Public Finance (13%) Armed Forces and National Security (13%) International Affairs (10%) Finance and Financial Sector (7%) Law (7%)
Some of Green’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3500: To amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to prohibit the resettlement of refugees ...
- H.J.Res. 47: Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to require three-fifths ...
- H.R. 3144: To require the imposition of sanctions with respect to Russia until Russian troops ...
- H.R. 3046: To prohibit Federal service academies from providing training and education based on critical ...
- H.J.Res. 43: Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to require that ...
- H.R. 2362: Protecting Gold Star Spouses Act of 2021
- H.R. 1743: Allied Burden Sharing Report Act of 2021
From Jan 2019 to May 2021, Green missed 127 of 1,110 roll call votes, which is 11.4%. This is much worse than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: