Green is the representative for Tennessee’s 7th congressional district (view map) and is a Republican. He has served since Jan 3, 2019. Green is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
Read our 2020 Report Card for Green.
Green is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Green has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Mar 3, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Green sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Health (20%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (20%) Armed Forces and National Security (15%) Taxation (15%) Government Operations and Politics (10%) Finance and Financial Sector (10%) Economics and Public Finance (10%)
Some of Green’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1232: To require a five-year staffing plan for the Department of State, and for ...
- H.Con.Res. 17: Expressing the sense of Congress that the President should do everything in his ...
- H.R. 1131: To control the export to the People’s Republic of China of certain technology ...
- H.R. 1128: To allow expensing of amounts paid to move business property from China to ...
- H.R. 1130: To preserve national security by providing guarantees to investors for investments in businesses ...
- H.R. 1129: To require annual reporting on the availability of Federal funds to persons and ...
- H.Res. 78: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that Congress disapproves of government ...
From Jan 2019 to Mar 2021, Green missed 123 of 1,016 roll call votes, which is 12.1%. This is much worse than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: