Our unique analysis of the bills Meadows has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Meadows is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Meadows for more statistics.
Mark Meadows sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
House Committee on Foreign Affairs
- Member, Subcommittee on Africa, Global Health, Global Human Rights, and International Organizations
- Member, Subcommittee on The Middle East and North Africa
House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- Member, Subcommittee on Aviation
- Member, Subcommittee on Economic Development, Public Buildings, and Emergency Management
- Member, Subcommittee on Highways and Transit
Meadows sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Meadows’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6155: To amend the Wilderness Act to ensure access to wilderness areas by Federal, ...
- H.R. 6156: To amend the Wilderness Act and the Federal Land Policy and Management Act ...
- H.R. 6008: Transit Benefits Modernization Act
- H.R. 5995: GAO Civilian Task and Delivery Order Protest Authority Act of 2016
- H.R. 5987: To provide for recreational access for floating cabins on the Tennessee River System, ...
- H.R. 5935: To repeal the violation of sovereign nations’ laws and privacy matters.
- H.R. 5709: Federal Records Modernization Act of 2016
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2013 to Sep 2016, Meadows missed 31 of 2,465 roll call votes, which is 1.3%. This is better than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 7 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: