Our unique analysis of the bills Meadows has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Meadows is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Meadows for more statistics.
Mark Meadows sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
House Committee on Foreign Affairs
- Member, Subcommittee on Africa, Global Health, Global Human Rights, and International Organizations
- Member, Subcommittee on The Middle East and North Africa
House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- Member, Subcommittee on Aviation
- Member, Subcommittee on Economic Development, Public Buildings, and Emergency Management
- Member, Subcommittee on Highways and Transit
Meadows sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Meadows’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6409: SuperPAC Elimination Act of 2017
- H.R. 6374: Recognizing Mayaguez Veterans Act
- H.R. 6312: ALLOW Act
- H.R. 6155: Ensuring Safety of Federal Wilderness Areas Act of 2016
- H.R. 6156: Local Wilderness Management Act
- H.R. 6008: Transit Benefits Modernization Act
- H.R. 5995: GAO Civilian Task and Delivery Order Protest Authority Act of 2016
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Meadows’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 5602: To amend title 31, United States Code, to authorize the Secretary of the Treasury to include all funds when issuing certain geographic targeting orders, and for ...
Jul 11, 2016. Passed.
H.R. 4889: Kelsey Smith Act
May 23, 2016. Failed.
H.R. 4127: Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016
Dec 1, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2596: Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016
Jun 16, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
From Jan 2013 to Dec 2016, Meadows missed 31 of 2,510 roll call votes, which is 1.2%. This is better than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 7 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: