Our unique analysis of the bills Meadows has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Meadows is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Meadows for more statistics.
Mark Meadows sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
House Committee on Foreign Affairs
- Member, Subcommittee on Africa, Global Health, Global Human Rights, and International Organizations
- Member, Subcommittee on The Middle East and North Africa
House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- Member, Subcommittee on Aviation
- Member, Subcommittee on Economic Development, Public Buildings, and Emergency Management
- Member, Subcommittee on Highways and Transit
Meadows sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Meadows’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5709: Federal Records Modernization Act of 2016
- H.R. 5647: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to treat certain ride-sharing services ...
- H.R. 5297: Credits for Kids Act of 2016
- H.R. 5233: Clarifying Congressional Intent in Providing for DC Home Rule Act of 2016
- H.R. 5199: Construction Consensus Procurement Improvement Act of 2016
- H.R. 4452: To designate the area between the intersections of International Drive Northwest and Van ...
- H.R. 4426: Educational Freedom Accounts Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2013 to Jul 2016, Meadows missed 30 of 2,385 roll call votes, which is 1.3%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 7 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: