Our unique analysis of the bills Neumann sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1998. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Neumann is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Neumann sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Economics and Public Finance (27%) Social Welfare (20%) Government Operations and Politics (18%) Finance and Financial Sector (10%) Taxation (6%) Labor and Employment (6%) Environmental Protection (6%) Armed Forces and National Security (6%)
Some of Neumann’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4414 (105th): Repeal the Social Security Tax Increase Act
- H.R. 4074 (105th): Tax Dollars Accountability Act
- H.Res. 447 (105th): Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives regarding financial management by ...
- H.R. 3008 (105th): Notch Fairness Act of 1997
- H.R. 2906 (105th): To authorize and direct the Director of the Office of Management and ...
- H.R. 2907 (105th): Nonself-Destructive Landmine Stockpile Elimination Act
- H.R. 2191 (105th): National Debt Repayment Act of 1997
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1995 to Dec 1998, Neumann missed 77 of 2,527 roll call votes, which is 3.0%. This is on par with the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1998. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills