Read our 2018 Report Card for Pocan.
Pocan is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Pocan has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jul 19, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Mark Pocan sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Appropriations
- Member, Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Energy and Water Development, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Labor, Health and Human Services, Education, and Related Agencies
- House Select Committee on the Modernization of Congress
Pocan sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Education (25%) Taxation (23%) Labor and Employment (17%) Armed Forces and National Security (8%) Agriculture and Food (8%) Government Operations and Politics (8%) Health (6%) Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (4%)
Some of Pocan’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3848: To require the Securities and Exchange Commission to issue rules requiring private funds ...
- H.R. 3517: Restore Honor to Service Members Act
- H.R. 3007: WORK Act
- H.R. 2933: Food and Agribusiness Merger Moratorium and Antitrust Review Act of 2019
- H.R. 2747: Tyler Clementi Higher Education Anti-Harassment Act of 2019
- H.R. 2651: Improving Training for School Food Service Workers Act
- H.R. 2652: Secure American-Made Voting Machines Act
From Jan 2013 to Jul 2019, Pocan missed 189 of 4,235 roll call votes, which is 4.5%. This is worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: