Read our 2014 Report Card for Pryor.
Pryor is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the Senate in 2014 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Pryor sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2009 to Dec 12, 2014. See full analysis methodology.
Pryor was the primary sponsor of 15 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- S. 376 (113th): Drought Information Act of 2013
- S. 1403 (113th): Helping Heroes Fly Act
- S. 1367 (113th): Helping Heroes Fly Act
- S. 1244 (113th): Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2014
- S. 3410 (112th): A bill to extend the Undertaking Spam, Spyware, And Fraud Enforcement With Enforcers beyond Borders Act of 2006, and for other purposes.
- S. 1449 (112th): Mariah’s Act
- S. 1448 (112th): Consumer Product Safety Flexibility Act of 2011
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Pryor sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Foreign Trade and International Finance (24%) Health (18%) Taxation (14%) Armed Forces and National Security (12%) Commerce (11%) Transportation and Public Works (10%) Energy (6%) Science, Technology, Communications (6%)
Some of Pryor’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 2835 (113th): Storm Shelter Affordability Act of 2014
- S. 2815 (113th): Farmer Flexibility Act of 2014
- S. 2735 (113th): A bill to provide for an extension of the Internet Tax Freedom ...
- S. 2729 (113th): Private Landowner Protection Act of 2014
- S. 2682 (113th): Made in the U.S.A. Act
- S. 2680 (113th): Buy it in America Act
- S. 2681 (113th): Keeping Jobs in America Act
|Pryor’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 5771 (113th): Tax Increase Prevention Act of 2014
Dec 16, 2014. Bill Passed 76/16.
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 18, 2014. Joint Resolution Passed 78/22.
On the Nomination PN1209: Gerald Austin McHugh, Jr., of Pennsylvania, to be United States District Judge for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
Mar 26, 2014. Nomination Confirmed 59/41.
S. 3240 (112th): Agriculture Reform, Food, and Jobs Act of 2012
Jun 21, 2012. Bill Passed 64/35.
S.Res. 10 (112th): A resolution to improve the debate and consideration of legislative matters and nominations in the Senate.
Jan 27, 2011. Resolution Rejected 44/51.
H.R. 4853 (111th): Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010
Dec 15, 2010. Motion Agreed to 81/19.
The Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010 (Pub.L. 111–312, H.R. 4853, 124 Stat. 3296, enacted December 17, 2010), also known as the 2010 Tax Relief Act, was passed by the United States Congress on December 16, 2010, and signed into ...
H.R. 4872 (111th): Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010
Mar 25, 2010. Bill Passed 56/43.
The Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010 (Pub.L. 111–152, 124 Stat. 1029) is a law that was enacted by the 111th United States Congress, by means of the reconciliation process, in order to amend the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Pub.L. 111–148). ...
H.R. 3121 (110th): Flood Insurance Reform and Modernization Act of 2007
May 13, 2008. Bill Passed 92/6.
S.J.Res. 9 (110th): United States Policy in Iraq Resolution of 2007
Mar 15, 2007. Joint Resolution Defeated 48/50.
On the Nomination PN177: Gen. George W. Casey, Jr., in the Army, to be General
Feb 8, 2007. Nomination Confirmed 83/14.
From Jan 2003 to Dec 2014, Pryor missed 54 of 3,816 roll call votes, which is 1.4%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Dec 2014. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: