Read our 2014 Report Card for Pryor.
Pryor is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the Senate in 2014 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Pryor sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Pryor was the primary sponsor of 11 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- S. 1244 (113th): Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2014
- S. 3410 (112th): A bill to extend the Undertaking Spam, Spyware, And Fraud Enforcement With Enforcers beyond Borders Act of 2006, and for other purposes.
- S. 1449 (112th): Mariah’s Act
- S. 431 (112th): United States Marshals Service 225th Anniversary Commemorative Coin Act
- S. 3243 (111th): Anti-Border Corruption Act of 2010
- S. 3828 (111th): A bill to make technical corrections in the Twenty-First Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act of 2010 and the amendments made by that Act.
- S. 3304 (111th): Twenty-First Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act of 2010
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Pryor sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Foreign Trade and International Finance (24%) Health (18%) Taxation (14%) Armed Forces and National Security (12%) Commerce (11%) Transportation and Public Works (10%) Energy (6%) Science, Technology, Communications (6%)
Some of Pryor’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 2835 (113th): Storm Shelter Affordability Act of 2014
- S. 2815 (113th): Farmer Flexibility Act of 2014
- S. 2735 (113th): A bill to provide for an extension of the Internet Tax Freedom ...
- S. 2729 (113th): Private Landowner Protection Act of 2014
- S. 2682 (113th): Made in the U.S.A. Act
- S. 2680 (113th): Buy it in America Act
- S. 2681 (113th): Keeping Jobs in America Act
From Jan 2003 to Dec 2014, Pryor missed 54 of 3,816 roll call votes, which is 1.4%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Dec 2014. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: