Schauer was the representative for Michigan’s 7th congressional district and was a Democrat. He served from 2009 to 2010.
Schauer is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Schauer sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Schauer sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Schauer’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6008 (111th): CLEAN Act
- H.R. 5474 (111th): Hospital Reclassification Correction Act of 2010
- H.R. 5312 (111th): Reciprocal Government Procurement with China Creates American Jobs Act
- H.R. 5115 (111th): FSS Retirement Fairness Act of 2010
- H.R. 4917 (111th): To amend part D of title XVIII of the Social Security Act ...
- H.Res. 1172 (111th): Recognizing the life and achievements of Will Keith Kellogg.
- H.R. 4834 (111th): Student Debt Reduction Act
|Schauer’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.Con.Res. 308 (111th): Providing for a conditional adjournment of the House of Representatives.
Jul 29, 2010. Passed 231/189.
H.Res. 915 (111th): Encouraging the Republic of Hungary to respect the rule of law, treat foreign investors fairly, and promote ...
Dec 8, 2009. Passed 333/74.
H.Res. 317 (111th): Recognizing the region from Manhattan, Kansas, to Columbia, Missouri, as the Kansas City Animal Health Corridor, and ...
Sep 15, 2009. Passed 312/108.
H.R. 31 (111th): Lumbee Recognition Act
Jun 3, 2009. Passed 240/179.
From Jan 2009 to Dec 2010, Schauer missed 14 of 1,655 roll call votes, which is 0.8%. This is better than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: