Souder is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Souder sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Souder was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 3308 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 216 East Main Street in Atwood, Indiana, as the “Lance Corporal David K. Fribley Post ...
- H.R. 6344 (109th): Office of National Drug Control Policy Reauthorization Act of 2006
- H.R. 4613 (106th): National Historic Lighthouse Preservation Act of 2000
- H.R. 2412 (106th): To designate the Federal building and United States courthouse located at 1300 South Harrison Street in Fort Wayne, Indiana, as the “E. Ross Adair Federal Building and ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Souder sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (25%) Crime and Law Enforcement (16%) Armed Forces and National Security (12%) Law (11%) Families (11%) Health (9%) Labor and Employment (8%) International Affairs (8%)
Some of Souder’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4624 (111th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
- H.R. 4323 (111th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to allow a credit ...
- H.Res. 577 (111th): Recognizing the Nation’s orthopedic industry for its continued legacy of innovation in ...
- H.R. 2503 (111th): To amend title 49, United States Code, to require inclusion on the ...
- H.R. 2128 (111th): Financial Disclosure Integrity Act
- H.R. 2127 (111th): Veterans Travel Equity Act of 2009
- H.R. 1710 (111th): To include family therapists on the list of professionals recognized to provide ...
|Souder’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 31 (111th): Lumbee Recognition Act
Jun 3, 2009. Passed 240/179.
H.R. 7321 (110th): Auto Industry Financing and Restructuring Act
Dec 10, 2008. Passed 237/170.
H.Res. 1031 (110th): Providing for the adoption of the resolution (H. Res. 895) establishing within the House of Representatives an ...
Mar 11, 2008. Passed 229/182.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 1995 to May 2010, Souder missed 533 of 10,329 roll call votes, which is 5.2%. This is worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in May 2010. ProPublica has tracked 1 explanation for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: