Our unique analysis of the bills Souder sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Souder is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Souder was the primary sponsor of 5 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 4624 (111th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 125 Kerr Avenue in Rome City, Indiana, as the “SPC Nicholas Scott Hartge Post Office”.
- H.R. 3308 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 216 East Main Street in Atwood, Indiana, as the “Lance Corporal David K. Fribley Post ...
- H.R. 6344 (109th): Office of National Drug Control Policy Reauthorization Act of 2006
- H.R. 4613 (106th): National Historic Lighthouse Preservation Act of 2000
- H.R. 2412 (106th): To designate the Federal building and United States courthouse located at 1300 South Harrison Street in Fort Wayne, Indiana, as the “E. Ross Adair Federal Building and ...
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Souder sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (25%) Crime and Law Enforcement (16%) Armed Forces and National Security (12%) Law (11%) Families (11%) Health (9%) Labor and Employment (8%) International Affairs (8%)
Some of Souder’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4624 (111th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
- H.R. 4323 (111th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to allow a credit ...
- H.Res. 577 (111th): Recognizing the Nation’s orthopedic industry for its continued legacy of innovation in ...
- H.R. 2503 (111th): To amend title 49, United States Code, to require inclusion on the ...
- H.R. 2128 (111th): Financial Disclosure Integrity Act
- H.R. 2127 (111th): Veterans Travel Equity Act of 2009
- H.R. 1710 (111th): To include family therapists on the list of professionals recognized to provide ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1995 to May 2010, Souder missed 533 of 10,329 roll call votes, which is 5.2%. This is worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in May 2010. ProPublica has tracked 1 explanation for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: