Takai was the representative for Hawaii’s 1st congressional district and was a Democrat. He served from 2015 to 2016.
Read our 2015 Report Card for Takai.
Takai is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2016 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Takai sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 5, 2011 to Dec 30, 2016. See full analysis methodology.
Takai sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (100%)
Recently Introduced Bills
Takai recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 5173 (114th): Homeowners Access to Visitability Enhancements (HAVE) Act of 2016
- H.R. 4811 (114th): Coral Reef Sustainability Through Innovation Act of 2016
- H.Con.Res. 124 (114th): Recognizing the 75th anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor and the …
- H.R. 4652 (114th): CLEAR Act
- H.Con.Res. 115 (114th): Authorizing the use of Emancipation Hall in the Capitol Visitor Center for …
- H.R. 3870 (114th): Atomic Veterans Healthcare Parity Act
- H.R. 2950 (114th): Small Business Contracting Clarity Act of 2015
View All » | View Cosponsors »
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2015 to Jul 2016, Takai missed 421 of 1,181 roll call votes, which is 35.6%. This is much worse than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jul 2016. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses, major life events, and running for higher office.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- GPO Member Guide for the photo
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills