Our unique analysis of the bills Takai has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Takai is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Takai for more statistics.
Takai sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Takai’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5173: Homeowners Access to Visitability Enhancements (HAVE) Act of 2016
- H.R. 4811: Coral Reef Sustainability Through Innovation Act of 2016
- H.Con.Res. 124: Recognizing the 75th anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor and the lasting ...
- H.R. 4652: CLEAR Act
- H.Con.Res. 115: Authorizing the use of Emancipation Hall in the Capitol Visitor Center for an ...
- H.R. 3870: Atomic Veterans Healthcare Parity Act
- H.R. 2950: Small Business Contracting Clarity Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2015 to Jul 2016, Takai missed 421 of 1,181 roll call votes, which is 35.6%. This is much worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jul 2016. ProPublica has tracked 12 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: