Read our 2014 Report Card for Udall.
Our unique analysis of the bills Udall sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the Senate in 2014. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Udall is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Udall was the primary sponsor of 9 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- S. 278 (112th): Sugar Loaf Fire Protection District Land Exchange Act of 2011
- S. 382 (112th): Ski Area Recreational Opportunity Enhancement Act of 2011
- S. 190 (111th): Rocky Mountain National Park Wilderness and Indian Peaks Wilderness Expansion Act
- H.R. 6063 (110th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2008
- H.R. 49 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1300 North Frontage Road West in Vail, Colorado, as the “Gerald R. Ford, Jr. Post ...
- H.R. 1129 (109th): Pitkin County Land Exchange Act of 2006
- H.R. 5370 (108th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 4985 Moorhead Avenue in Boulder, Colorado, as the “Donald G. Brotzman Post Office Building”.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Udall sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Public Lands and Natural Resources (33%) Armed Forces and National Security (18%) Energy (17%) Taxation (10%) Health (7%) Finance and Financial Sector (7%) Economics and Public Finance (4%) Emergency Management (4%)
Some of Udall’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 2494 (113th): Natural Gas Export Promotion Act of 2014
- S. 2375 (113th): Colorado News, Emergency, Weather, and Sports Act of 2014
- S. 2367 (113th): Healthy Kids Outdoors Act of 2014
- S. 2358 (113th): Military Opportunities for Mothers Act
- S.Res. 450 (113th): A resolution designating May 17, 2014, as “Kids to Parks Day”.
- S.Res. 437 (113th): A resolution recognizing the historic significance of the Mexican holiday of Cinco ...
- S. 2274 (113th): A bill to expedite decisions on applications for authorization to export natural ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2009 to Dec 2014, Udall missed 52 of 1,839 roll call votes, which is 2.8%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Dec 2014. ProPublica has tracked 50 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: