Read our 2014 Report Card for Udall.
Udall is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the Senate in 2014 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Udall sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Udall was the primary sponsor of 11 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- S. 1606 (113th): A bill to designate the community-based outpatient clinic of the Department of Veterans Affairs to be constructed at 3141 Centennial Boulevard, Colorado Springs, Colorado, as the “PFC ...
- S. 278 (112th): Sugar Loaf Fire Protection District Land Exchange Act of 2011
- S. 382 (112th): Ski Area Recreational Opportunity Enhancement Act of 2011
- S. 190 (111th): Rocky Mountain National Park Wilderness and Indian Peaks Wilderness Expansion Act
- H.R. 6063 (110th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2008
- H.R. 902 (110th): More Water, More Energy, and Less Waste Act of 2007
- H.R. 49 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1300 North Frontage Road West in Vail, Colorado, as the “Gerald R. Ford, Jr. Post ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Udall sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Public Lands and Natural Resources (33%) Armed Forces and National Security (18%) Energy (17%) Taxation (10%) Health (7%) Finance and Financial Sector (7%) Economics and Public Finance (4%) Emergency Management (4%)
Some of Udall’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 2494 (113th): Natural Gas Export Promotion Act of 2014
- S. 2375 (113th): Colorado News, Emergency, Weather, and Sports Act of 2014
- S. 2367 (113th): Healthy Kids Outdoors Act of 2014
- S. 2358 (113th): Military Opportunities for Mothers Act
- S.Res. 450 (113th): A resolution designating May 17, 2014, as “Kids to Parks Day”.
- S.Res. 437 (113th): A resolution recognizing the historic significance of the Mexican holiday of Cinco ...
- S. 2274 (113th): A bill to expedite decisions on applications for authorization to export natural ...
From Jan 2009 to Dec 2014, Udall missed 52 of 1,839 roll call votes, which is 2.8%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Dec 2014. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: