Walker was the representative for North Carolina’s 6th congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 2015 to 2020.
Read our 2020 Report Card for Walker.
Walker is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2020 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Walker sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Dec 28, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Walker was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 6161 (116th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1585 Yanceyville Street, Greensboro, North Carolina, as the “J. Howard Coble Post Office Building”.
Does 1 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Walker sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Taxation (27%) Government Operations and Politics (18%) International Affairs (12%) Armed Forces and National Security (12%) Crime and Law Enforcement (9%) Education (9%) Agriculture and Food (6%) Health (6%)
Some of Walker’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.J.Res. 97 (116th): Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to limit …
- H.Con.Res. 109 (116th): Expressing the sense of Congress that August 30, 2020, be observed as …
- H.R. 7396 (116th): GOOD Act
- H.R. 7324 (116th): Universal Giving Pandemic Response Act
- H.Res. 1015 (116th): Resolution recognizing all speedways as essential businesses and calling on local authorities …
- H.R. 6916 (116th): Cage the Paper Tiger Act of 2020
- H.R. 6490 (116th): CHARITY 2022 Act
From Jan 2015 to Dec 2020, Walker missed 196 of 3,489 roll call votes, which is 5.6%. This is much worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2020. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: