Read our 2018 Report Card for Walker.
Walker is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Walker has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Dec 6, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Mark Walker sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Homeland Security
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Intelligence and Counterterrorism
- Member, Subcommittee on Cybersecurity, Infrastructure Protection, and Innovation
- House Committee on Education and Labor
- House Committee on House Administration
Walker sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Taxation (19%) Government Operations and Politics (16%) Crime and Law Enforcement (12%) Health (12%) Education (12%) International Affairs (12%) Armed Forces and National Security (9%) Emergency Management (6%)
Some of Walker’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5293: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to allow above-the-line deductions for ...
- H.Res. 675: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that socialist proposals such as ...
- H.R. 4892: Homeland Security Counterintelligence Threat Reduction Act
- H.R. 4369: To expand access to apprenticeships and pre-apprenticeships among certain populations, and for other ...
- H.R. 3217: Budgeting for Disasters Act
- H.R. 3149: Academic Partnerships Lead Us to Success Act
- H.R. 1804: Student-Athlete Equity Act
From Jan 2015 to Dec 2019, Walker missed 120 of 3,189 roll call votes, which is 3.8%. This is worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: