Walker is the representative for North Carolina’s 6th congressional district (view map) and is a Republican. He has served since Jan 6, 2015. Walker is next up for reelection in 2020 and serves until Jan 3, 2021.
Make sure you are registered to vote and that you vote by mail, early, or know your polling location — see vote.org for help.
Read our 2019 Report Card for Walker.
Walker is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Walker has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Oct 16, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Mark Walker sits on the following committees:
Walker sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Taxation (27%) Government Operations and Politics (18%) International Affairs (12%) Armed Forces and National Security (12%) Crime and Law Enforcement (9%) Education (9%) Economics and Public Finance (6%) Agriculture and Food (6%)
Some of Walker’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.J.Res. 97: Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to limit the ...
- H.Con.Res. 109: Expressing the sense of Congress that August 30, 2020, be observed as the ...
- H.R. 7396: GOOD Act
- H.R. 7324: Universal Giving Pandemic Response Act
- H.Res. 1015: Resolution recognizing all speedways as essential businesses and calling on local authorities and ...
- H.R. 6916: Cage the Paper Tiger Act of 2020
- H.R. 6490: CHARITY 2022 Act
From Jan 2015 to Oct 2020, Walker missed 177 of 3,454 roll call votes, which is 5.1%. This is much worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: