Read our 2016 Report Card for Mullin.
Our unique analysis of the bills Mullin has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Mullin is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Markwayne Mullin sits on the following committees:
Mullin was the primary sponsor of 6 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 487 (114th): To allow the Miami Tribe of Oklahoma to lease or transfer certain lands.
- H.R. 3477 (114th): NATIVE Act
- H.R. 3154 (114th): E-Warranty Act of 2015
- H.R. 533 (114th): To revoke the charter of incorporation of the Miami Tribe of Oklahoma at the request of that tribe, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 2675 (114th): Low Volume Motor Vehicle Manufacturers Act of 2015
- H.R. 2319 (113th): Native American Veterans’ Memorial Amendments Act of 2013
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Mullin sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Health (24%) Native Americans (22%) Armed Forces and National Security (16%) Government Operations and Politics (11%) Transportation and Public Works (11%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (5%) Education (5%) Animals (5%)
Some of Mullin’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.J.Res. 59: Providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, ...
- H.R. 682: Preserving Access to Medicaid for Americans Act of 2017
- H.R. 364: Preserving Jobs in the Oilfield Act of 2017
- H.R. 43: To amend title 38, United States Code, to authorize the use of Post-9/11 ...
- H.R. 180: To amend title XIX of the Social Security Act to eliminate the requirement ...
- H.R. 182: Stop Obamacare Spam Act of 2017
- H.R. 41: POWERS Act of 2017
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Mullin’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 1567: Global Food Security Act of 2015
Apr 12, 2016. Passed 370/33.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 4152 (113th): Support for the Sovereignty, Integrity, Democracy, and Economic Stability of Ukraine Act of 2014
Apr 1, 2014. Passed 378/34.
H.R. 2052 (113th): Global Investment in American Jobs Act of 2013
Sep 9, 2013. Passed 379/32.
H.R. 325 (113th): No Budget, No Pay Act of 2013
Jan 23, 2013. Passed 285/144.
From Jan 2013 to Apr 2017, Mullin missed 45 of 2,752 roll call votes, which is 1.6%. This is on par with the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: