Stutzman was the representative for Indiana’s 3rd congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 2010 to 2016.
Read our 2016 Report Card for Stutzman.
Stutzman is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2016 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Stutzman sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 5, 2011 to Dec 30, 2016. See full analysis methodology.
Stutzman was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 3501 (112th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 125 Kerr Avenue in Rome City, Indiana, as the “SPC Nicholas Scott Hartge Post Office”.
Does 1 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Stutzman sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Finance and Financial Sector (27%) Armed Forces and National Security (20%) Agriculture and Food (13%) Government Operations and Politics (13%) Economics and Public Finance (13%) Crime and Law Enforcement (13%)
Recently Introduced Bills
Stutzman recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 5569 (114th): To amend the Consumer Financial Protection Act of 2010 to repeal the …
- H.R. 4321 (114th): Separation of Powers Restoration and Second Amendment Protection Act
- H.R. 1154 (114th): FFOCUS Act of 2015
- H.R. 1160 (114th): Savings Act
- H.R. 923 (114th): Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2015
- H.R. 5659 (113th): Savings Act
- H.R. 5658 (113th): Recreational Vehicle Certainty Act of 2014
View All » | View Cosponsors »
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Nov 2010 to Dec 2016, Stutzman missed 171 of 4,229 roll call votes, which is 4.0%. This is worse than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2016. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses, major life events, and running for higher office.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
|2013 Jan-Jan 112th Congress||5||0||0.0%||0th|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- GPO Member Guide for the photo
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills