Read our 2018 Report Card for Sanford.
Sanford is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2018 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Sanford sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2013 to Dec 21, 2018. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Sanford sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Economics and Public Finance (30%) International Affairs (15%) Transportation and Public Works (15%) Taxation (10%) Government Operations and Politics (10%) Armed Forces and National Security (10%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (10%)
Some of Sanford’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6923: Promoting Responsible and Free Trade Act
- H.R. 5572: One Percent Spending Reduction Act of 2018
- H.R. 5290 (115th): Federal Employee Bonus Disclosure Act
- H.R. 5061: Shellfish Aquaculture Improvement Act of 2018
- H.R. 4934: To prohibit assistance to the Government of Pakistan, and to require the Department ...
- H.R. 3238: Disaster Assistance Equity Act of 2017
- H.R. 3099: Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Park Act of 2017
From Jan 1995 to Dec 2018, Sanford missed 158 of 7,333 roll call votes, which is 2.2%. This is on par with the median of 2.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2018. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: