2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for Sanford »
Our unique analysis of the bills Sanford has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Sanford is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Marshall “Mark” Sanford sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on the Budget
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
Sanford sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Economics and Public Finance (100%)
Some of Sanford’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4893: Risk Management and Homeowner Stability Act of 2016
- H.R. 4637: Puerto Rico Minimum Wage Improvement Act
- H.R. 4458: To correct the boundaries of the John H. Chafee Coastal Barrier Resources System ...
- H.R. 2185: Debt Limit Control and Accountability Act of 2015
- H.R. 1551: Highway Restoration Act of 2015
- H.R. 664: Freedom to Travel to Cuba Act of 2015
- H.R. 4803 (113th): TSA Office of Inspection Accountability Act of 2014
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1995 to Apr 2016, Sanford missed 108 of 5,678 roll call votes, which is 1.9%. This is on par with the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 22 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: