Read our 2016 Report Card for McSally.
Our unique analysis of the bills McSally has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). McSally is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Martha McSally sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Homeland Security
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Border and Maritime Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Emergency Preparedness, Response, and Communications
- House Committee on Armed Services
McSally was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 4336 (114th): An act to amend title 38, United States Code, to provide for the inurnment in Arlington National Cemetery of the cremated remains of certain persons whose service ...
- H.R. 2835 (114th): Border Jobs for Veterans Act of 2015
- H.R. 3722 (114th): Mental Health and Safe Communities Act of 2015
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
McSally sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of McSally’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2213: Anti-Border Corruption Reauthorization Act of 2017
- H.R. 2192: To amend the Public Health Service Act to eliminate the non-application of certain ...
- H.R. 2052: PRIVATE Act
- H.R. 2053: Mining School Enhancement Act
- H.R. 1741: Transnational Criminal Organization Illicit Spotter Prevention and Elimination Act
- H.R. 1577: National Park Service Transparency and Accountability Act
- H.R. 1547: Udall Park Land Exchange Completion Act
|McSally’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 985: Concrete Masonry Products Research, Education, and Promotion Act of 2015
Nov 14, 2016. Passed 355/38.
H.R. 4889: Kelsey Smith Act
May 23, 2016. Failed 229/158.
H.R. 308: Keep the Promise Act of 2015
Nov 16, 2015. Failed 263/146.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
From Jan 2015 to May 2017, McSally missed 0 of 1,593 roll call votes, which is 0.0%. This is better than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: