Our unique analysis of the bills Roby has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Roby is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Roby for more statistics.
Martha Roby sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Appropriations
- Member, Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Labor, Health and Human Services, Education, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Military Construction, Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
- House Select Committee on the Events Surrounding the 2012 Terrorist Attack in Benghazi
Roby sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Roby’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5128: Protection and Advocacy for Veterans Act
- H.Con.Res. 79: Directing the Clerk of the House of Representatives to make corrections in the ...
- H.R. 3234: VA Medical Center Recovery Act
- H.R. 755: Defending State Authority Over Education Act of 2015
- H.R. 465: Working Families Flexibility Act of 2015
- H.R. 31: Prevention of Executive Amnesty Act of 2015
- H.R. 2089 (113th): Defending State Authority Over Education Act of 2013
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Sep 2016, Roby missed 58 of 4,076 roll call votes, which is 1.4%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 18 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: