Read our 2018 Report Card for Roby.
Roby is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Roby has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to May 21, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Martha Roby sits on the following committees:
House Committee on the Judiciary
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Courts, Intellectual Property, and the Internet
House Committee on Appropriations
- Member, Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Military Construction, Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
Roby was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Roby sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Roby’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 7113: Combat Violent Crime Act of 2018
- H.R. 6847: Preventing Child Exploitation Act of 2018
- H.Res. 947: Expressing support for the designation of July 9 as “Warrant Officer Day”.
- H.J.Res. 114: Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States which requires (except ...
- H.R. 1862: Global Child Protection Act of 2017
- H.R. 1712: Protection and Advocacy for Veterans Act
- H.R. 1180 (115th): Working Families Flexibility Act of 2017
From Jan 2011 to May 2019, Roby missed 105 of 5,573 roll call votes, which is 1.9%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: