Our unique analysis of the bills Heinrich has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Heinrich is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Heinrich for more statistics.
Martin Heinrich sits on the following committees:
- Joint Economic Committee
- Senate Committee on Armed Services
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
- Senate Select Committee on Intelligence
Heinrich sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Heinrich’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3389: A bill to authorize State-sponsored multiple employer plans and State payroll deduction savings ...
- S. 3316: Advancing Conservation and Education Act of 2016
- S. 3221: Buffalo Tract Protection Act
- S. 3159: Energy Storage Tax Incentive and Deployment Act of 2016
- S. 3127: Safeguard Tribal Objects of Patrimony Act of 2016
- S.Res. 465: A resolution supporting the United States solar energy industry in its effort to ...
- S. 2778: Directed Energy Weapon Systems Acquisition Act of 2016
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2013 to Sep 2016, Heinrich missed 7 of 1,141 roll call votes, which is 0.6%. This is better than the median of 1.7% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 74 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: