Hoke was the representative for Ohio’s 10th congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 1993 to 1996.
Hoke is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1996 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Hoke sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 1991 to Oct 3, 1996. See full analysis methodology.
Hoke sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (20%) Economics and Public Finance (16%) Law (16%) Science, Technology, Communications (13%) Taxation (11%) Armed Forces and National Security (9%) Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (9%) Sports and Recreation (7%)
Some of Hoke’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4304 (104th): School Desegregation Litigation Reform Act of 1996
- H.R. 4165 (104th): To provide for certain changes with respect to requirements for a Canadian ...
- H.R. 4130 (104th): Freedom of Religious Expression Act of 1996
- H.R. 4129 (104th): Freedom of Religious Expression Act of 1996
- H.R. 4096 (104th): NATO Enlargement Act of 1996
- H.R. 3171 (104th): To limit the procurement of aircraft landing gear by the Secretary of ...
- H.Res. 390 (104th): Freedom of Travel to Lebanon Act
From Jan 1993 to Sep 1996, Hoke missed 101 of 2,462 roll call votes, which is 4.1%. This is worse than the median of 2.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Sep 1996. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills