Our unique analysis of the bills Meehan sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2008. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Meehan is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Meehan sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (22%) Crime and Law Enforcement (14%) Law (13%) Science, Technology, Communications (12%) Economics and Public Finance (10%) Armed Forces and National Security (10%) Commerce (10%) Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (9%)
Some of Meehan’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2815 (110th): Minute Man National Historical Park Boundary Revision Act
- H.Res. 476 (110th): Condemning bigotry, violence, and discrimination against Iranian-Americans.
- H.R. 2093 (110th): To amend the Lobbying Disclosure Act of 1995 to provide for additional ...
- H.R. 1246 (110th): Military Readiness Enhancement Act of 2007
- H.R. 1170 (110th): Comprehensive Awareness of Problem Gambling Act of 2007
- H.R. 776 (110th): Presidential Funding Act of 2007
- H.R. 422 (110th): To establish the Office of Public Integrity as an independent office within ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1993 to Jun 2007, Meehan missed 501 of 8,900 roll call votes, which is 5.6%. This is much worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jun 2007. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: