Our unique analysis of the bills Edwards sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1992. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Edwards is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Edwards’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5804 (102nd): To limit the number of years that a person may serve consecutively ...
- H.J.Res. 537 (102nd): Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to limit ...
- H.R. 5571 (102nd): American Job Creation, Deregulation, and Tax Reduction Act of 1992
- H.R. 5474 (102nd): Fair Trade Act of 1992
- H.R. 5450 (102nd): To repeal the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- H.Res. 397 (102nd): Instructing the Speaker to: within 20 days, fully reconstruct the 39 month ...
- H.Con.Res. 288 (102nd): Placing numerical and funding limitations on certain employee positions in the House ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1977 to Oct 1992, Edwards missed 817 of 8,188 roll call votes, which is 10.0%. This is much worse than the median of 4.3% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1992. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills